Functional Analyst (6 months Contract)
- Québec City, QC, Canada
Ubisoft Québec is a leader in the video game industry and is located in the heart of Quebec City’s Saint-Roch neighbourhood. Involved in many of Ubisoft’s flagship franchises, the studio gained a strong expertise, leading to its implication in the development of AAA games. The 475 talented people are united by the desire of pushing boundaries, building high quality worlds and creating memorable gaming experiences.
Welcome to the graduates in computer sciences, administration, mathematics or statistics !
Functional Analyst works within project teams to transform business needs into solutions, whether these solutions result in product configurations, product custom developments, trainings or process recommendations. He will be focusing on a specific area of the portfolio and will be developing a strong expertise on its products. Functional Analyst not only defines solutions but also insures its correct implementation.
* Understand and analyze internal clients requirements and issues;
* Understand and analyze business context and processes surrounding requirements and issues;
* Ensure impact analysis, design and propose appropriate solutions with the support of direct manager and development teams;
* Participate in the evaluation and benchmarking of market solutions when required;
* Assist Project Manager in organizing projects and building plans;
* Assist development team during the implementation of solutions;
* Prepare and execute test scenarios & scripts and accompany users & clients during certification phases;
* Deliver training and product documentation;
* Act as a trusted advisor to clients and support user training and general usage needs;
* Ensure knowledge transfer to support teams during or at the end of project;
* Assist the support teams on complex issues encountered by product users;
* Carry out all other related task.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Sciences or in a related field.
* Experience in functional analysis or equivalent experience;
* Experience in IT projects.
* Great communication skills (negotiate with clients, explain complex issues and train users)
* Business and impact analysis skills
* Problem solving skills
* Questioning skills
* Ability to organize
* Curious and proactive
* Able to work on multiple projects at the same time
* Easily adaptable to changes and proposals
* Very good written & spoken French & English
* Knowledge of SQL, Excel or other data analysis and diagnosis tools
* Good understanding of the various project phases and activities
* Basic understanding of the following :
o Database & Web application programming languages & components : MS SQL, ASP.NET with C#/VB.Net, ADO.NET, Silverlight
o Object & Service oriented programming
o Menu & interface ergonomics & designing