Business Intelligence Analyst
Activision Blizzard Media is a young and rapidly growing business that has been created to connect advertisers with our 195M+ global consumer base. This thriving start-up effort, which is currently embedded in the business unit of King (the makers of the #1 mobile game Candy Crush Saga) is rapidly scaling and is poised to become one of the largest advertising businesses in the world.
The business has been focusing on the introduction of premium, innovative advertising experiences to King's 195+M casual gaming players. Looking ahead, we're planning the launch of advertising across the rest of the Activision Blizzard portfolio including high growth areas like eSports. This is a really exciting time to join this growing business.
King (a part of Activision-Blizzard) is building a new team to introduce innovative, impactful, and rewarding advertising experiences to our huge audience of highly-engaged players, and to create powerful marketing solutions embraced by the world's biggest marketers. King is seeking a talented and creative Business Intelligence Analyst interested in pushing the boundaries of mobile games analytics and advertising performance.
Your role within our Kingdom
* Providing accurate data, insights and analysis for decision makers and stakeholders
* Designing, implement, and analysing multivariate tests using relevant statistical methods
* Looking at ads from a network perspective, helping to drive a consistent approach within games teams and getting new teams up to speed
* Presenting and visualising results in a clear and concise way to senior management for decision making
* Analysing ads as a part of a larger ecosystem
Skills to create thrills
* Working with product team to identify opportunities to improve player's experience and engagement with advertising in King games
* Identify how we can tailor King's ads offering to different segments of our audience
* Be a subject matter expert and analysis lead for ads products, helping game teams improve their analysis and use of ads as a revenue source
* Identify and disseminate best practices across BPUs in terms of ads-related tools, systems and processes
* Working alongside other highly skilled Data Scientists and Business Intelligence Analysts, you'll be strategic in outlook and highly analytical in delivery with responsibility for using data to ensure we make the right business decisions
* Ad-hoc analysis - assist and resolve requests from the business (i.e. analyzing A/B tests, strange player behaviour, etc.)
* Create reports and dashboards that allow the advertising team to understand and optimise our advertising initiative using tools such as Python, R and EXASOL
* Ability to analyze huge volumes of data from our advertising activities, using tools such as Hive, Impala and Hadoop, working closely with business and games teams to build insights and models to inform future investment
* Passion for quantitative analysis and reporting, and the ability to draw business insights that will add real value to King.
* Ability to learn quickly and work in a fast paced, rapidly changing and collaborative environment, while communicating effectively with teams and individuals across King.
* Capacity to deeply understand the problems the business wants to solve and define the right data-driven approach. Understanding of A/B tests a plus.
* The ability to write complex SQL queries and work effectively with both Hive/Impala
* Proficiency with tools such as R, Python and Excel for analytical purposes
* Ability to identify the appropriate statistical or machine learning techniques to use in different circumstances
* Able to develop good ways of communicating, visualising or reporting your results/analysis so they are clear and unambiguous. This will include building reports and presenting the results of your analysis using tools such as Looker, Qlik Sense and others
* An interest in and understanding of coding a plus
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can't expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. And that's it.
King in London
Based in bustling Soho, the cultural heart of the West End, our London studio occupies all four floors of the landmark Ampersand building. Regent's Park is close enough for a lunchtime run, as are the delights of Covent Garden and the shopping mecca Oxford Street. Non-Brits will soon discover it's no urban myth; there really is a pub on every corner.
Want to join our Kingdom? You'll find all you need to apply, plus more information on our culture, values and benefits, including relocation packages at jobs.king.com. All applications should be made in English.