You will be part of a team who is responsible for our server infrastructure. In ensuring the smooth operation of the server infrastructure, you will guarantee our players an outstanding game experience. Your team will work in close contact with project teams. You will have direct influence on the success of the projects through provision of creative and constructive feedback. As contact for network & security, you'll advise product managers and developers, work on service requests, analyse complex disturbances and lead measures for the remedying of the causes through.
Tasks to inspire:
• You will be the one in charge for global network infrastructures of our browser and client-based online games in a dynamic and motivated operations team, amongst other tasks.
• You will be responsible for the formulation, implementation and establishment of new standards, solution paths and also technologies.
• Your tasks will also include the constant improvement of existing network as well as the automatization systems.
• As a point of contact for technical issues, you will advise product teams and developers, analyse complex issues and introduce measures for their resolution.
Qualifications to convince:
• Solid knowledge of networks, experience with firewalling using Cisco and IPTables as well as a sound technical understanding of complex network infrastructures
• Competent handling of network protocols such as BGP, ISIS and Spanningtree
• Clear experience in VLANs, VPN, SDN and IPSEC are of advantage
• Experience working with Juniper devices, Arbor Peakflow and network monitoring systems is desired
• A foundational understanding of IT security as well as an interest for this topic
• Knowledge in the administration of Linux-based server systems
• Independent and structured way of working and a high level of service-oriented thinking
• Creativity and imagination
• Very good knowledge of German and English, both written and spoken
A company to connect:
• a challenging, varied and responsible position in one of the most creative and exciting industries
• massive range with over 450 million players
• a scoop for design in a new, open-minded and motivated team
• flexible organization of your working hours
• Free fruit, breakfast and drinks - every day!
With more than 20 titles and over 450 million registered players, Gameforge is the leading provider of free-to-play massively multiplayer online games (MMOs) in the western hemisphere. Headquartered in Karlsruhe, Germany, the group offers its games in more than 75 countries. Their portfolio includes a bundle of established gaming industry brands, including client-based titles such as award-winning role-playing game AION Free-to-Play and TERA as well as Europe's most successful MMO, Metin2. In future, the varied offering will be expanded by action-rich Anime MMORPG SoulWorker; Popular browser-based games such as OGame and Ikariam complete their offering. More information available at http://corporate.gameforge.com/ .