DevOps / Server Engineer - Platform
Job ID 2017-2151
Category Software Engineer
Are you a DevOps / Server Engineer looking for your next great challenge? Beeline Interactive Canada is building out a premier mobile eSports platform, for franchises such as Street Fighter, Mega Man or other top Capcom titles, and we need someone to drive our server development, in both production and live operations across multiple titles. Interested? Then so are we.
Beeline Interactive is a small and agile group with a strong entrepreneur spirit, where everyone’s work is noticed and appreciated, without the feeling of being a cog in a faceless multitude. Combine this with the backing of our parent company, CAPCOM Entertainment, and you have a winning combination.
In this role, you will:
- Directly contribute to the creation and evolution of the server platform product roadmap, including the architecting, development and maintenance of the backend systems.
- Be focused on owning and driving improvements to our AWS-based backend infrastructure,
- Partner with the Senior Producer – Platform, who looks after project management, during all phases of the development cycle and implementation of the platform across multiple titles
- Ensure timely dissemination of platform status and information across technical staff and senior leadership.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- 3 - 5 years of software development, with server specialization
- 3 - 5 years with ruby (3-4 years with rails)
- Mysql experience
- Nosql (dynamodb or mongodb)
- Familiar with AWS (cloudformation, rds, beanstalk, elasticcache, iam, s3)
- Secure coding practices for ruby and rails
- Http and http api design
- Experience with and ability to architect complex systems and communicate your server vision effectively to the platform team
- A post-secondary degree in a related field, such as Computer Science
- Demonstrate dedication, adaptability & accountability in your work and areas of responsibility
- Experience in software engineering best practices, bug tracking, MS Office (Word, Excel)