Job ID 2018-2324
Capcom Vancouver continues to develop new and exciting projects, and we’re growing in the process! With unique projects in development, we’re recruiting smart, passionate and dedicated professionals to work with us on the next generation of video gaming
At Capcom Game Studio Vancouver, a Senior VFX Artist works within our existing VFX team under the direction of a Lead Artist, Art Director, and Game Designer. They collaborate in the creation of visual effects including: modeling, texturing and simulation.
We are looking for someone that is extremely passionate about realistic real-time visual effects. The right candidate will have experience with in-game particle systems, simulations, and have exceptional effects texturing skills. You are a highly motivated problem solver. You’ll have a proven track record of working from concepts and collaborating with the Art Director, World, Cinematics and Gameplay teams to create visually stunning results.
- Deliver high quality in-game effects for our action project including geometry, texture and UV animations, decal and material creation, lighting effects, collision and anything impressively cool you can invent
- Reference and create photorealistic styled effects such as fire, fluid, smoke, explosions, dust, fabric, and more.
- Work closely with programmers to ensure high visual quality and performance of effects.
- Pursue and implement new technologies to raise the bar of what realistic VFX can be.Work within the guidelines set by the Art Director and Lead.Self-manage time, meet deadlines, and work within budgets.
- Communicate and collaborate with the Lead, Art Director, technical artists, and designers.
- 5 -10 years’ experience in a VFX position.Game console development experience with Unreal is preferred.
- Have shipped at least one AAA product.
- Experience with Maya (or equivalent), Photoshop, and Unreal.
- Take an active interest in enhancing current skills and learning new ones.
- Demonstrate dedication, adaptability & accountability in your work.
- Collaborate effectively with others in the same discipline and across feature groups.
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Get creative. Take risks. Push the boundaries of gaming. Be a member of an awesome team. We’re looking for the best game-makers to help pioneer the future of our industry. If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you.