Established in 2007 Sumo Video Games was set up to work alongside Sumo Digital's Sheffield based UK studio. Together we have consistently delivered AAA titles from Next Gen to Mobile on all platforms for partners that include SEGA, Microsoft, Codemasters, Sony, EA, BBC, Konami, Disney, and many more.
Our most recent successes include Forza Horizon 2 (Xbox 360), LittleBigPlanet 3 (PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 3), Disney Infinity 3.0 Toy Box Speedway (multi-platform), and our first self-published title Snake Pass (multi-platform). We are also incredibly proud to be working on the highly anticipated Crackdown 3 (Xbox One), Dead Island 2 (multi-platform) and Project Nova plus several other exciting but currently unannounced projects.
Sumo Video Games is a true extension of our UK studio and team members on both sites collaborate on a daily basis on all aspects of game development. Our Studio is unique in India, giving our staff the opportunity to work directly on every available gaming platform from Next Gen to Mobile, at every stage of game development.
2018 is a very exciting year for Sumo Video Games, we are looking to significantly add to our team in our office in Pune. We're looking for highly talented and dedicated individuals who thrive in fast paced, ever changing development and live service environments. Working for Sumo you'll be an integral member of the team shaping our games to satisfy both our hard-core and casual gamers alike.
Being part of Sumo's development team is a rewarding experience, one that requires dedication, a strong sense of ownership over your work and an overwhelming enthusiasm for the games you work on.
All our roles here at Sumo demand highly creative and motivated individuals with a superb attention to detail and a keen eye for quality.
Role and Purpose
Sumo Video Games are currently looking for world-class Lead Environment Artists with experience contributing to AAA titles.
We have a team of talented, passionate and dedicated artists that are looking to add experienced leads in Environment Art to the team. If that sounds like you, don't hesitate to get in touch.
Skills Experience and Qualifications
- Experience and knowledge of latest Physically-Based Rendering (PBR) technique
- Knowledge of Unreal Engine (UE4) or similar AAA game engine
- Previous commercial experience of Max/Maya, Zbrush, Mudbox
- Excellent Photoshop skills and ability to create stylized hand painted textures
- In-depth knowledge of Substance Painter / Designer and Quixel Suite
- Working experience of game engines such as Unreal and Unity
- A portfolio demonstrating breath-taking prop/environment modelling and texturing techniques, both high and low poly
If you are interested in Environment/ Vehicles, then need to meet the following skill requirement too:
- Excellent hard surface modelling skills
- A good understanding of taking objects/environments from concepts to final game quality
- A good portfolio (which is current) that has the Environment assets - show casing screenshots for the Model, Wireframe and texture pages.
To be a Lead Artist at Sumo you should have at-least 7 years of Art Experience with at least one AAA video game title under your belt and an impressive portfolio. You will also need to have:
- People and team management skills; a good leader who should lead by an example
- Passion and potential to develop themselves, the team and contribute to how all our artists develop their careers and grow with the organisation
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to challenge the status quo
- Have excellent communication skills to communicate internally in teams and externally to UK project teams
- Excellent time management
- An excellent microscopic artistic eye.
- Degree or Diploma in game art/animation which includes software's like Max, Maya, ZBrush, Photoshop, Mudbox.
- Bachelor's in fine arts or any equivalent degree diploma would be an added advantage.
What We Offer
Being part of Sumo's Art team is a rewarding experience, one that requires dedication, a strong sense of ownership over your work and an overwhelming enthusiasm for the games you work on. In return we'll offer:
- Competitive salary & benefits.
- An excellent working environment.
- Most importantly we will give you the room to be yourself and live your passion.
- Relocation reimbursement from other cities is offered
- Performance linked bonus in addition to the fixed salary
- Opportunities to attend industry conferences
- A complete and all-encompassing medical insurance package for our employees and their children.
Please make sure you include your portfolio with you're application.
Get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to Sumo Video Games. We can't wait to hear from you.