Established in 2007 Sumo Video Games was set up to work alongside Sumo Digital's Sheffield based UK studio. Together we have consistently delivered AAA titles from Next Gen to Mobile on all platforms for partners that include SEGA, Microsoft, Codemasters, Sony, EA, BBC, Konami, Disney, and many more.
Our most recent successes include Forza Horizon 2 (Xbox 360), LittleBigPlanet 3 (PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 3), Disney Infinity 3.0 Toy Box Speedway (multi-platform), and our first self-published title Snake Pass (multi-platform). We are also incredibly proud to be working on the highly anticipated Crackdown 3 (Xbox One), Dead Island 2 (multi-platform) and Project Nova plus several other exciting but currently unannounced projects.
Sumo Video Games is a true extension of our UK studio and team members on both sites collaborate on a daily basis on all aspects of game development. Our Studio is unique in India, giving our staff the opportunity to work directly on every available gaming platform from Next Gen to Mobile, at every stage of game development.
2018 is a very exciting year for Sumo Video Games, we are looking to significantly add to our team in our office in Pune. We're looking for highly talented and dedicated individuals who thrive in fast paced, ever changing development and live service environments. Working for Sumo you'll be an integral member of the team shaping our games to satisfy both our hard-core and casual gamers alike.
Being part of Sumo's development team is a rewarding experience, one that requires dedication, a strong sense of ownership over your work and an overwhelming enthusiasm for the games you work on.
All our roles here at Sumo demand highly creative and motivated individuals with a superb attention to detail and a keen eye for quality.
Role and Purpose
Are you fanatical about gaming with a flair for Environment and Prop Art? Perhaps you enjoy doodling and creating art work whilst having a passion for video games? If so, then it's time to level up and live your dream to work on exciting AAA titles.
Sumo Video Games Pune, India is looking for passionate Junior Environment/Prop Artists who aspire to create realistic and stylized Next Gen Game Art alongside the Sumo UK Studios. Helping bring life to game world of some of the world class AAA projects, such as Crackdown 3 and Dead Island 2 on major consoles.
The ideal candidate should have an excellent portfolio demonstrating photorealistic & stylised modelling and texturing skills for AAA console games. The ideal candidate should be enthusiast to learn and develop their skills alongside some of the best environment artists in India and the UK, to deliver high quality art work under their guidance.
Reporting to the Lead Artist, the candidate will be working on a current project in production, and will form part of the highly skilled environment team, and be required to:
- Create high quality realistic and stylized next gen game environment buildings, props and landscapes
- Sculpt and model high and low polygon assets and texture them through the PBR pipeline
- Ensure assets created follow the given art direction, and are within the agreed production deadlines and conform to the required technical specifications
- Have an eager attitude to improve and continually develop required skills through personal learning and training
- Collaborate and communicate daily and weekly with project teams in the UK
Skills Experience and Qualifications
- Ideal candidates will have a year of experience within a gaming studio
- Excellent core 3D modeling skills using Max/Maya and ZBrush
- Strong Photoshop skills and ability to create both photorealistic and stylized hand painted textures
- A good understanding of PBR work flow, and procedural software's such as Substance Painter and Quixel Suite
- Experience with of working with modern game engines, for example Unreal and Unity
- A strong portfolio with high and low poly modeling and texturing examples
What We Offer
Being part of Sumo's Art team is a rewarding experience, one that requires dedication, a strong sense of ownership over your work and an overwhelming enthusiasm for the games you work on. In return we'll offer:
- Competitive salary & benefits.
- An excellent working environment.
- Most importantly we will give you the room to be yourself and live your passion.
- Relocation reimbursement from other cities is offered
- Performance linked bonus in addition to the fixed salary
- Opportunities to attend industry conferences
- A complete and all-encompassing medical insurance package for our employees and their children.
Please make sure you include your portfolio with you're application.
Get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to Sumo Video Games. We can't wait to hear from you.