Senior Systems Administrator
IT/Technical Operations SENIO01091
You are a self-sufficient technical expert - familiar with Linux servers, Windows infrastructure, and network security. You enjoy being hands-on from designing, implementing, and administering solutions for a growing organization. You are excited about information technology at a global scale and are eager to learn about where we can get better.
Sound like a match? We are looking for a Senior Systems Administrator to join our Austin studio! This role will require ability to provide 24/7 on-call support and may be required to travel as needed.
We don’t just make games, we play and love them too.
You will contribute by:
- Architecting, deploying, and maintaining Linux/Windows systems, DNS, DHCP, Active Directory, and other core infrastructure components in a global enterprise environment
- Administering 3rd Party Applications e.g., Perforce, Unity, and Solarwinds
- Ensuring the storage infrastructure is never the bottleneck and the data is safeguarded
- Implementing and supporting next generation storage, servers, and network hardware to match company growth.
- Diagnosing, resolving, triaging, or delegating problems as they arise with little supervision
- Analyzing inefficiencies in the enterprise from a holistic view.
- Collaborating across teams on detailed technical requirements, implementation approaches and problem solving.
- Mentoring fellow team members in areas of expertise
- Creating documentation detailing procedures and controls, and working to create process and procedures around technology
- Maintaining updated system documentation and diagrams and create SOP as needed
- Providing periodic metrics and KPI’s to management
At Kabam, we’re constantly raising the bar of excellence in free-to-play mobile gaming. We hire for passion and diversity so that together as a team we can triumph in our collective skill. Our teams are made up of a fusion of personalities and interests bound together by a collaborative nature, fun-loving culture and drive to do what it takes to make great games. And this is where you come in...
Your background includes:
- 5+ years of senior level experience in administering enterprise-class storage and Windows/Linux infrastructures
- Deploying and administering RHEL and CentOS Linux 6.0 and above or similar
- Administering Perforce at a global enterprise-level
- Implementing and administering a global multi-cluster VMware infrastructure
- Replicating data across the globe
- Managing enterprise storage with multi-site footprint
- Implementing and administering an enterprise-wide monitoring system for servers, networking devices, and applications
- Implementing cloud-based and on-premise enterprise applications
- Detailed knowledge of Windows 2003/2008/2012 operating systems
- Experience working under change management and SOX regulated environment
- Possess a personality to think outside the box and question the status quo with a continuous system improvement mindset
- Proven history of proactively taking ownership of projects and problems when they arise
- Proven ability to successfully navigate and perform in a deadline-driven, fast-paced environment, and effectively multi-task multiple priorities in a team-oriented setting
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work both independently on projects and cooperatively with the rest of the team
- Ability to independently analyze problems, research potential technical solutions, evaluate alternatives, and present recommendations to the leadership team.
Excited by this opportunity? We invite you to apply and start the conversation with us.
Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made.
Kabam is a world leader of massively multiplayer games for mobile devices. Console quality graphics and next generation technology are the hallmark of Kabam games. Kabam merges the art of game design and the science of consumer behaviour to create immersive games enjoyed by players around the world. Kabam’s games have generated hundreds of millions of downloads including Marvel Contest of Champions and Transformers: Forged to Fight and won several awards including Apple Editor’s Choice and Google Play’s Best Game of the Year. Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, San Francisco and Austin. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.