Senior Community Manager
Player Experience SENIO01092
You have a proven track-record in a public-facing role, strong working knowledge of social media platforms and the ability to effortlessly communicate difficult ideas. You’re excited to work with Content Creators and Community Influencers, and believe that the strength of a studio’s relationships with its players is an important factor for the continued success of a game. You have a passion for gaming, a strong sense of empathy for players, and the ability to multitask. Your years of immediate experience within the field of Community Management have made you a strong online communicator, and you’re able to switch between reporting and player facing communication with ease.
Sound like a match? Kabam is looking for a Senior Community Manager in Vancouver to join our growing Community team. You’ll work with a group of passionate and talented Community specialists to help take how we engage and support both our players and game teams to the next level. This position will specialize in assisting with our newly created Content Creators program, along with many other new and exciting projects.
You will contribute by:
- Overseeing our Content Creator program, including new application approvals, asset management and coordination, rule enforcement
- Develop and administer a 2.0 plan for expanding the Content Creators program
- Providing the Manager of Community Development with frequent reporting on program movement, successes and metrics
- Develop and oversee a new and unannounced Community initiative
- Oversee Chinese community program efforts
- Overseeing VIP Player engagement
- Crisis communication efforts - internal and external
- Assisting with the development and creation of new community initiatives
- Engaging online with players - both Content Creators and otherwise
- Helping to brainstorm on and drive creative new initiatives
- Proactively identify possible customer service concerns and community issues that could have a detrimental impact, and work to neutralize them whenever possible
- Assist with social media channel replies as needed
- Providing collaboration and assistance with other duties as they arise; we are a constantly evolving and growing team with new ideas that we are always working to bring to fruition!
- Collaborating with the other Community Manager and Community team members spread across two offices
At Kabam, we’re constantly raising the bar of excellence in free-to-play mobile gaming. We hire for passion and diversity so that together as a team we can triumph in our collective skill. Our teams are made up of a fusion of personalities and interests bound together by a collaborative nature, fun-loving culture and drive to do what it takes to make great games. And this is where you come in…
Your background includes:
- Three years or more of immediate work experience in the field of Community Management for video games
- A deep familiarity and understanding of gamer culture and mobile gaming
- A passion for video games; and knowledge of the active gaming landscape
- A proven track record of remaining self motivated, on track, and the ability to hit project deadlines with minimal oversight
- Creative problem-solving and experience engaging with individuals online in a high stress, sometimes volatile environment
- Working knowledge of social media channels, online forum software, moderation activities and more
- Experience with JIRA, Tableau and Trello as a plus
- People management experience a plus
Excited by this opportunity? We invite you to apply and start the conversation with us.