You are detailed, inquisitive and eager to seek out solutions. Your strong communication skills, high-integrity and ability to build trust ensure thoughtful and responsible relations with stakeholders You are keen to apply your accounting expertise in a dynamic, fun-loving and high-energy environment. Working closely with the Accounting and Finance teams, you will be essential in supporting a multi-office environment and providing critical accounting services.
Sound like a match? Kabam Vancouver is looking for a General Accountant to join us in supporting a world-class mobile games studio.
There is so much more to making great games…
Your day-to-day will include;
- Assisting with coordinating financial reporting functions
- Assisting with monitoring and analyzing monthly operating results against prior periods
- Reviewing Accounts Payables (A/P) transactions, including overseeing and leading A/P runs
- Recording day-to-day transactions, as well as monthly, quarterly, and year-end close entries
- Preparing working papers for monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements, including working overtime to meet tight reporting deadlines
- Preparing and filing monthly or quarterly GST/PST returns
- Assisting with documentation of internal control processes
- Overseeing filing projects, travel bookings, and other ad hoc tasks as required
At Kabam, we’re constantly raising the bar of excellence in free-to-play mobile gaming. We hire for passion and diversity so that together as a team we can triumph in our collective skill. Our teams are made up of a fusion of personalities and interests bound together by a collaborative nature, fun-loving culture and drive to do what it takes to make great games. And this is where you come in..
Your background includes:
- 5+ years of progressive financial accounting experience, with exposure to full cycle accounting
- Experience with accounting software; knowledge of NetSuite would be an asset
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office Suite, including intermediate to advanced Excel functions
- Solid track record of working independently and as part of a team (and easily switch between those)
- Excellent communication including verbal and written English
- Self-motivated, hard-working, with the ability to take initiative and meet deadlines
- Strong ability to adapt to a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment and work well with all functions, including non-accounting departments
- Professional accounting designation is an asset
You’ll join a high-impact team that works to deliver exceptional accounting, finance and operations services to the organization. After all, you’re smart and you enjoy working with other smart people.
Excited by this opportunity? We invite you to apply and start the conversation with us.
Together, we can create some of the best games ever made.