You are a talented and passionate VFX Artist who is eager to join a high-calibre team. You are driven, self-directive and looking for an environment where you will play a key role in the creative design, asset management, and technical implementation of visual effects. You have experience delivering high-quality VFX, an eye for composition and modeling, and an aptitude for critical thinking and analysis. Your creativity is boundless and fueled by a deep passion for playing video games of all kinds.
Sound like a match? Kabam Vancouver is looking for a VFX Artist to join us in delivering titles such as Marvel Contest of Champions and Transformers: Forged to Fight. We’ve also got some new projects in the making as well!
We don’t just make games, we play and love them too.
You will contribute by:
- Conceptualizing and creating stunning visuals effects for our AAA mobile games using Unity3D, standard 3D packages such as XSI/Maya/Houdini, as well as proprietary VFX tools.
- Creating VFX in a wide range of styles, from to realistic VFX using advanced 3D simulations to stylized traditional animation techniques.
- Collaborating closely with programming team to ensure the best possible balance of visual excitement and real-time performance
- Working with Engineering team to develop and improve our VFX tools and pipelines as well as creatively solve technical issues for our games.
- Working with Level Designers and Team Leads to create VFX for gameplay, embellishing environments and memorable cinematic moments.
- Working with UI/UX Leads to produce VFX for enhancing the user interface experience
At Kabam, we’re constantly raising the bar of excellence in free-to-play mobile gaming. We hire for passion and diversity so that together as a team we can triumph in our collective skill. Our teams are made up of a fusion of personalities and interests bound together by a collaborative nature, fun-loving culture and drive to do what it takes to make great games.
And this is where you come in..
Your background includes:
- Certification or degree in Motion Graphics, VFX or traditional animation
- Expert knowledge with particle systems in XSI, Maya and/or Houdini
- 2+ years of experience as a VFX Artist in a games, post/video production, VFX, or feature animation studio
- Experience with shipping AAA console games or mobile games using Unity 3D a plus
- Advanced knowledge of real-time particle systems, rigid simulation, shaders, and materials
Our teams are growing and we’re looking for visual wizards to bring more magic to our games. Joining a highly motivated team environment, you’d work with exceptional artists and share the common goal of taking work from great to mind-blowing. After all, you’re ready to push the boundary on what can be achieved visually.
Excited by this opportunity? We invite you to apply and start the conversation with us.
Together, we can create some of the best games ever made.