Consumer and Market Researcher
Consumer Insights CONSU01098
Kabam is searching for a trusted partner in supporting crucial business decisions and ensuring that information is provided and analyzed in the complex landscape that Kabam sits in. You will recommend and build programs to help Kabam understand its positioning and provide critical insights into how player behaviours and markets are shifting. This unique role will help Kabam identify and solidify the direction of the company and help us to deliver on targets. Working within the Marketing team, you will work directly with leadership to provide insights and a logical framework for executive decision-making.
Sound like a match? Kabam Vancouver is looking for a Consumer and Market Researcher to join us!
As a Consumer and Market Researcher, you will:
- Act as the company’s go-to-resource for competitive intelligence.
- Recommend, create and manage a comprehensive competitive intelligence program.
- Support Consumer Insights by facilitating primary and secondary research; create consumer surveys, collect data, analyze results, and provide insights based on the findings.
- Research consumer trends and target segments that support to the development of new products and product enhancements.
- Monitor, track, and report on high install and grossing mobile games by global and regional views, using tools like Sensor Tower and Appie Annie, and uncover reasons for their success.
- Identify core and target markets for games.
- Monitor and report on reviews from key influencers, game reviewers, media, and other partner networks.
- Create and maintain competitive positioning matrices showing publisher and gaming landscape based on dimensions such as game attributes, type, and positioning globally and by region.
- Define and report on competitive metrics to key stakeholders
- Work with strategic leadership teams on how to best respond to competitive threats, address gaps in the market and provide input on marketing plans.
- Research and keep current on market, competitor, and consumer trends and news.
At Kabam, we’re constantly raising the bar of excellence in free-to-play mobile gaming. We hire for passion and diversity so that together as a team we can triumph in our collective skill. Our teams are made up of a fusion of personalities and interests bound together by a collaborative nature, fun-loving culture and drive to do what it takes to make great games.
This is where you come in...
Your background includes:
- 5-7+ years in a market, consumer, or competitive research role.
- Industry knowledge/experience is an asset, though not a requirement.
- Bachelors and/or Masters in related field preferred.
- Strong ability to perform basic data analysis functions and data manipulation in Excel.
- Confidence in generating reports and communicate them to key stakeholders in presentations and report papers.
- Experience working with second-party research providers.
- Familiarity with performance monitoring tools such as Sensor Tower and App Annie a plus.
Excited by this opportunity? We invite you to apply and start the conversation with us. Be creative in your application and showcase your talent and abilities
Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made.