Senior UX/UI Designer
UX Design SENIO01096
You are a gamer. Whether it’s board , PC, or mobile games, your focus is on creating memorable, positive experiences for people. You enjoy working closely with a wide range of skill sets and personalities and never shy away from contributing your vision to the team. Always looking to take your work from sufficient to mind-blowing - you thrive in a high-feedback culture where you can grow, innovate and iterate until perfection. You are a natural leader and enjoy providing guidance and mentorship as much as you enjoy sharing your day’s learnings. And finally, you’re looking for more fun, passionate and creative people to work with!
Sound like a match? Kabam Vancouver is looking for a Senior UX/UI Designer to join us!
We don’t just make games, we play and love them too.
You will contribute by:
- Driving features from beginning to end by presenting work, guiding conversations, coordinating with producers to work on timelines
- Working collaboratively with other discipline members such as:
- Game designers to discuss game features, create wireframes, and produce screen mockups and assets
- Engineers to review technical requirements and implementations of screens
- QA analysts to deliver all functionality annotations and answer questions
- Live Operations team members to ensure all planned events are supported
- Back-end programming team to discuss technical requirements
- Mentoring and coaching junior UI/UX Designers
- Learning and sharing best practices of UI and UX design with the team
- Advocating for UX design in the studio
At Kabam, we’re constantly raising the bar of excellence in free-to-play mobile gaming. We hire for passion and diversity so that together as a team we can triumph in our collective skill. Our teams are made up of a fusion of personalities and interests bound together by a collaborative nature, fun-loving culture and drive to do what it takes to make great games.
And this is where you come in..
Your background includes:
- 5+ years of experience as a professional UI/UX Designer
- Ability to take complex information and turn it into user-friendly UI design
- Ability to produce high quality work quickly, iterating toward the best solution
- Strong skills in crafting effective user experience flows, wireframes and interactions
- Strong passion for human-centered design challenges and graphic design challenges
- Strong passion for gaming - Experience working on mobile games is a plus!
- A strong portfolio showcasing User Interface Design, User Experience, Graphic Design, etc.
- Understanding of “freemium” business model, including customer acquisition, retention, and monetization
- Bonus points if you have experience in working with Unity
Join a fun and funky group of creative artists who are committed to providing exceptional UI/UX depth to Kabam’s games. Always laughing and always learning, you’ll contribute to the fun and exploration while keeping the team on track to build world-class free-to-play mobile games.
Excited by this opportunity? We invite you to apply and start the conversation with us.
Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made.
Kabam is a world leader of massively multiplayer games for mobile devices. Console quality graphics and next generation technology are the hallmark of Kabam games. Kabam merges the art of game design and the science of consumer behaviour to create immersive games enjoyed by players around the world. Kabam’s games have generated hundreds of millions of downloads including Marvel Contest of Champions and Transformers: Forged to Fight and won several awards including Apple Editor’s Choice and Google Play’s Best Game of the Year. Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, San Francisco and Austin. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.