UX Design UXDES01061
The Kabam UX team is looking for a new teammate to join us in delivering exciting titles such as Marvel Contest of Champions and Transformers Forged to Fight.
As a UX/UI designer, you have a good understanding of design principles and design thinking methodology. You are the type of person who loves to learn new things, whether it be software, design methods or simply how your newly-made friends work day-to-day. Although your leads will show you the ropes and help organize your tasks, you are proactive and seek out opportunities to help your team while contributing to the project. Having a leader-mentality is critical; you own your tasks, features, and overall project. You excel under pressure and find creative solutions to the problems at hand. Design process excites you and collaborating with others is your second nature. You believe that honest and genuine communication is the main ingredient for success, and are happy to openly share feedback with others.
Our values are simple - you must have have Nerd Passion! This means being curious, creative, enthusiastic, reasonably joyful, self-motivated and inspiring. We value challenging assumptions, advocating for UX design and always striving to understand our players. As a team member, you must adhere to “We-before-Me” philosophy - this means collaborating and sharing your passions.
Our team crafts both the user experience and interface designs for the titles we work on. We consider UI design to be part of UX design, and breakdown our work by feature. One UX designer is responsible for each feature, from the beginning to the end. This allows us to stay actively engaged with a project, while also focusing on a variety of interests throughout the development cycle.
What would my day look like?
- Identifying and defining the goals and requirements of features, and assessing the impact of those features on other parts of your project
- Determining user-targets, creating user-flows and wireframes, and building annotated documentation
- Designing mockups and polishing the final product
- Engaging in and leading conversations with stakeholders to communicate your design solutions
- Learning and sharing best practices with the team
- Pro-actively finding ways to improve our games and processes
- Supporting other UX designers - promoting collaboration and helping with any extra workload
- Working closely with different discipline members, such as:
- Game designers to discuss and define game features and user-stories
- Engineers to review technical requirements, annotations and implementation
- Live Operations members to ensure all planned events and activities are supported
- Back-end programming to determine further technical requirements
- QA analysts to ensure the quality and accuracy of the product is delivered and maintained
What are the credentials?
- 2+ years of experience as a professional UI and/or UX designer
- Education background in a HCI, UX, or a communication design related field
- A strong portfolio demonstrating effective user experience flows, wireframes and interaction design work
- Having an iterative design process that allows for fast iteration to ensure the best solutions are delivered
- Ability to take complex information and turn it into user-friendly UI design solutions
- A passion for solving human-centered design challenges and graphic design communication problems
- Understanding of “free-to-play” business models, including customer acquisition, retention, and monetization
- Being an active gamer - experience working on mobile games is a plus!
- Bonus points if you have experience working with Unity
While you don’t need to be a hard-core mobile gamer, we do expect you to play the games that you work on, and understand the competitive landscape. After all, if you don’t know your product, you cannot design for it.
Excited by this opportunity? We invite you to apply and start the conversation with us!