Java Backend Developer
We are looking for Java Backend Developers that will take pride in creating the very best bite sized entertainment for millions of players worldwide.
Your role within our Kingdom
The engineering team in Barcelona is responsible for building complex, high-scale, real-time systems, working closely with other parts of the business to support the marketing activities for our popular games, We are looking for a mid-level developer with some practical experience, and the drive and enthusiasm to succeed in a demanding and professional team environment.
* Design, architect, test and implement features in our core services - advertising, game promotion, customer support
* Build valuable tools to support the game development process
* Deliver high quality and well-structured code
Skills to create thrills
You have great passion for programming and a solid sense of quality and polish. As a developer you are also analytical and genuinely interested in understanding the whole tech stack. You must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and be a strong team player, able to work in a fast paced, demanding yet fun professional environment.
* Experienced in Java, databases and web development in general.
* No stranger to web protocols, application servers and web servers.
* Used to TDD, UNIX environments.
* Strong Computer Science fundamentals, design patterns and Object Oriented knowledge
* A team player who likes to discuss solutions and ideas.
* Striving to be a genius in your area of expertise.
* Fluent in English.
Experience in working on a project for high scalability sites.
You enjoy coding a lot. You even have personal projects or contribute to Open Sourcer projects.
Played and enjoyed any of our games.
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can't expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. And that's it.
King in Barcelona
Home to numerous King games studios and our Global Services Centre, our familia in Barcelona is growing ever greater. Come lunchtime, you can enjoy amazing views of the city from our roof terraces. Come night time, the delights of the city will be on your doorstep. Magic really is in the air. After all, Bubble Witch Saga 3, Diamond Digger Saga and Pyramid Solitaire Saga were created here.
Want to join our Kingdom? You'll find all you need to apply, plus more information on our culture, values and benefits, including relocation packages at jobs.king.com. All applications should be made in English.