Java Developer - Tracking Team
We are looking for a Java Backend Developer to strengthen our tracking team, which is responsible for the data infrastructure that powers our games.
Your role within our Kingdom
If you are an experienced java developer who likes to work in an environment where things move quickly and performance is of great importance, then King is the place for you! Our tech analytics team improves how we collect, and act on, player data so that we can improve the experience for our player base. The code you write, will be put to test across the globe, in each and every one of the games enjoyed by a hundred million players every day. At King every Developer is responsible to ensure your code is up to the highest standard.
As a tech analytics developer at King, you'll have a great opportunity to build tools that monitor and act on the data we collect from our multiple systems. You'll be part of the team that is responsible for making the architectural decisions which will allow our data capabilities to operate at the scale of our network and improve the whole company operational effectiveness around data. We offer you the chance to work in an agile environment where frequent, fast-paced releases mean you'll see the impact of your work almost immediately. You will help game teams in data-driven investigations, and will be a central player in our shared-tech team to guarantee that the measurements we gather will allow us to answer relevant business questions.
You will among other things...
* Develop one of the top data engines not only in the gaming industry, but in the world
* Design, architect and implement features that support our games
* Improve and automate monitoring and operational processes for our systems
* Research and prototype new backend solutions for data processing, analytics and storage
* Cooperate closely with units all over the business, ranging from shared tech, data science, business performance, marketing, etc.
* Turn ad-hoc data science solutions into efficient, scalable models and applications
* Maintain and improve on existing features
* Share knowledge and help colleagues
Skills to create thrills
* Professional software development experience, with a particular focus on core java
* Experience with data applications and systems
* Experience improving a productionized system
* A passion for games
* Experience with dimensional model databases, and familiarity with data analysis is highly desirable.
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can't expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. And that's it.
We're Seriously Playful
Officially, we're a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world. Unofficially, we're a serious business that's not afraid to have fun. Every day at King, we mix intuition with logic, art with science and magic with mathematics to create the games the world loves to play. Together with our parent company Activision Blizzard, our mission is to bring moments of magic to everyday life. If you think this is something you can help us achieve, let's talk.
Want to join our Kingdom? You'll find all you need to apply, plus more information on our culture, values and benefits, including relocation packages at jobs.king.com. All applications should be made in English.