Position at Hardlight
Role Overview - Technical UI Artist
As a HARDlight Technical UI Artist, you will work closely with the UI team to prototype and produce the UI for our games within Unity's UI toolset. You will bridge the gap between art and code and ensure the game UI is implemented efficiently and optimally on all devices. In an industry that thrives on its user-interfaces, candidates will be expected to create high fidelity and visually appealing game user-interfaces to deliver the best end-user experience.
- Work closely with the Lead UI artist and Art Director to develop and implement a wide variety of game UI style and assets, including: Buttons, Dialogues, Menus, UI Animations, Particle FX and Transitions.
- Coordinate and work closely with programming team to ensure the UI is implemented to maximise efficiency, memory and is optimise on target platforms.
- Structure and implement stunningly User Interface art assets that are flexible and efficient to a high quality and in a variety of styles.
- Iterate and refine to continually adapt to market trends, design iteration and analytical data to streamline, refine and optimise the game UI.
- Develop stunning UI FX and Animations to add a positive feedback experience to all our players.
Essential Skills & Experience
- 2+ Years' experience in a related industry (Web, Mobile, Graphic Design or Console Games)
- Able to take direction and continually iterate on designs to refine and optimise.
- Meticulous attention to detail with an ability to clearly structure their own work and help educate others to maintain a high level of code and implementation standards.
- Internally driven and proactive, harbouring a deep passion for establishing and maintaining great user experiences and stunning visual design.
- Proactive in learning and developing your skills to the next level.
- Highly motivated and passionate about free-to-play games.
- Development experience on a wide variety of mobile platforms.
- Ability to previsualise UI Animations in packages such as Adobe Animate or After Effects.
- Fluent using Adobe Creative suite including Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Understand writing compute shaders using CG or HLSL.
- Experience in using alternative UI packages such as NGUI or Scaleform.
- Previous experience from creating casual to mid-core mobile games.
Why work at HARDlight?
- Industry leading competitive salary & corporate benefits.
- Optional family private healthcare package, pensions and life insurance.
- Generous developer Bonus scheme.
- The opportunity to be a large part of a small team developing innovative titles with a huge SEGA back catalogue.
- Based in the heart of England in stunning historic Royal Leamington Spa, with great connections to London and Birmingham.