French Localisation Specialist
Home to the iconic massive multiplayer online role-playing game RuneScape and its extended family of adventurous titles, we’re a leading games studio that places our players at the heart of everything we do.
We’ve welcomed over 250 million players to RuneScape’s world of enthralling fantasy and, together with our team of passionate game creators, our community helps to shape how our games evolve.
From casting votes on future game content, to interacting with the studio teams in live streams and in chat, we also join together in person at our celebrated fan convention, RuneFest.
Together with our players, we’re united as one Jagex tribe. Together we’re building deep and engaging multiplayer gaming experiences for players everywhere.
HOW YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
Are video games definitely at the top of your hobby list and have languages always been a passion of yours? How about starting a career in the video games industry?
Jagex Ltd, the UK’s leading independent online games studio, is currently looking for an exceptional, passionate and creative French Localisation Specialist to join its in-house Localisation Team.
There, your tasks would include translating and testing content from all our games from English into French (France).
You would also be engaging with the community via our Forums and Social Media channels and by organizing in-game events.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone of experience that wishes to join a successful and vibrant games company.
Your responsibilities include:
- Translating new and updated content from English into French (France)
- Editing and quality assurance of French translations
- Fixing linguistic bugs
- Interacting with the French Player Community
- Creating community-focused assets such as articles, images or competitions
WHAT WE NEED
- Outstanding French and English written and spoken skills
- Ability to demonstrate energy, commitment and enthusiasm, as well as a high degree of initiative and determination
- Ability to work with tight deadlines
- Professional approach with a keen eye for detail and the ability to be accurate and efficient when processing large volumes of work
- Ability and willingness to interact with the French-speaking player community
- Ability to manage and maintain official social media accounts
- Passion for video games, especially MMOs
EVEN BETTER IF
- You have a degree or relevant experience in translation
- You have experience in community management
- You have marketing knowledge and experience
- You have social media experience
- You have knowledge of RuneScape
WHAT WE OFFER
If you join us you can expect a competitive salary and great benefits like fully paid-for gym membership, bonus entitlement, private health care, flexible working, cycle repair and fresh fruit delivered to your team every day. We also have GREAT coffee machines, an onsite canteen and pub and an in-studio cinema! Expect regular team events as well as EPIC company-wide parties to celebrate our successes.
Does this sound like you? We'd love to hear from you! Get in touch.
Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.