Home to the iconic massive multiplayer online role-playing game RuneScape and its extended family of adventurous titles, we’re a leading games studio that places our players at the heart of everything we do.
We’ve welcomed over 250 million players to RuneScape’s world of enthralling fantasy and, together with our team of passionate game creators, our community helps to shape how our games evolve.
From casting votes on future game content, to interacting with the studio teams in live streams and in chat, we also join together in person at our celebrated fan convention, RuneFest.
Together with our players, we’re united as one Jagex tribe. Together we’re building deep and engaging multiplayer gaming experiences for players everywhere.
HOW YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Editoral Manager to join Jagex's Publishing team.
You will join a dynamic and fast-paced environment to take the lead in creating engaging editorial content for our MMORPG brands, RuneScape and Old School.
As part of your role, you will:
- Write copy for the RuneScape news feed, web pages, creative assets, and digital marketing assets.
- Write copy for the OldSchool RuneScape news feed, web pages, creative assets, and digital marketing assets.
- Write copy for brand and corporate campaigns.
- Edit copy written by others for our managed channels and other areas of the business, giving friendly, constructive, results-oriented feedback.
- Help to build and edit web pages using both Hippo and in-house content management systems.
- You will ensure that all communications are brand appropriate and display a strong message as well as being delivered in the appropriate format and within assigned deadlines.
WHAT WE NEED
- Experience creating multi-faceted editorial content in the games industry – whether as a freelance, on-staff at an editorial outlet or game studio.
- Ideally a PC gamer with a love of MMORPGs, an understanding of mobile gaming, and community interaction.
- Able to demonstrate a strong track record of written and oral communication skills, as well as organisational skills, attention to detail, passion for writing and a solid understanding of marketing copywriting best practices and channels.
- Ability to be flexible on a day to day basis and manage priorities effectively.
- Ability to operate at an extremely fast pace.
- Extensive knowledge of our games’ 17 years of content and fiercely loyal, deeply invested player bases is a huge plus.
WHAT WE OFFER
If you join us you can expect a competitive salary and great benefits like fully paid for gym membership, bonus entitlement, private health care, flexible working, cycle repair and fresh fruit delivered to your team every day. We also have GREAT coffee machines, an onsite canteen and pub and an in-studio cinema! Expect regular team events as well as EPIC company-wide parties to celebrate our successes.
Does this sound like you? We'd love to hear from you! Get in touch.
Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.