Site Reliability Engineer - Platform Team
About Infrastructure Engineering:
Our mission is to build effective, stable and reliable, large scale infrastructure, tools, and services for our games and product teams to allow them to focus on creating great games. We strive to empower developer teams to be autonomous and flexible and continuously work to create a self service model for our tech by being in close collaboration with development teams in the full product life cycle.
We engineer and provide the shared infrastructure serving all of our games, as well as the developer environments and supporting tech like observability, log management, and event transport. This includes everything from working in the datacenters and writing orchestration and automation for our production stack to troubleshooting distributed systems and resolving production incidents.
We are currently working on multiple projects redefining our infrastructure. Among other things we have major efforts to modernize our compute provisioning platform, automate our production networking, as well as evolving all supporting software and orchestration.
The Platform team is responsible for creating the next generation production and development platforms at King. Our team ambitions are to implement the best systems in terms of containerization, bare-metal automation, distributed storage and developer-friendly environments. We're currently in the process of renewing our entire tech stack to fit the needs of a fully automated self-service oriented platform. We work exclusively with open source technology in an all Debian environment.
Your role within our Kingdom
You will join the platform team and work extensively with building our containerization solution. We are working on moving from a static environment to a more dynamic and cloud-native environment with systems like Kubernetes on the horizon. Distributed systems should be a native part of your workstyle and be noticed in the systems you produce.
* Write code that manages, improves, automates, and serves our Platform
* Develop software related to host life cycle such as provisioning, patching, upgrading, and auditing
* Build tooling for OS and host service infrastructure
* Influence and design new systems related to virtualization and provisioning systems for our on premise cloud
* Improve platform stability and reliability
* Be part of On call rotation
Skills to create thrills
* Strong Python coding skills as well as decent knowledge in some of Perl, Java, SQL, shell script
* Cloud computing experience from private or public clouds. OpenStack, OpenNebula, AWS, GCP, etc.
* Working experience with container technologies such as Docker and orchestrations solutions like Kubernetes
* Experience with Ceph or similar distributed storage solutions
* Experience of Config management and orchestration of distributed systems, preferably SaltStack
* Comfortable working in a Linux computing environment, including strong troubleshooting skills
* Basic TCP/IP networking skills
* Linux Security awareness
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can't expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. And that's it.
We're Seriously Playful
Officially, we're a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world. Unofficially, we're a serious business that's not afraid to have fun. Every day at King, we mix intuition with logic, art with science and magic with mathematics to create the games the world loves to play. Together with our parent company Activision Blizzard, our mission is to bring moments of magic to everyday life. If you think this is something you can help us achieve, let's talk.
Want to join our Kingdom? You'll find all you need to apply, plus more information on our culture, values and benefits, including relocation packages at jobs.king.com. All applications should be made in English.