Site Reliability Engineer - Quality Team
About Infrastructure Engineering:
Our mission is to build effective, stable and reliable, large scale infrastructure, tools, and services for our games and product teams to allow them to focus on creating great games. We strive to empower developer teams to be autonomous and flexible and continuously work to create a self service model for our tech by being in close collaboration with development teams in the full product life cycle.
We engineer and provide the shared infrastructure serving all of our games, as well as the developer environments and supporting tech like observability, log management, and event transport. This includes everything from working in the datacenters and writing orchestration and automation for our production stack to troubleshooting distributed systems and resolving production incidents.
We are currently working on multiple projects redefining our infrastructure. Among other things we have major efforts to modernize our compute provisioning platform, automate our production networking, as well as evolving all supporting software and orchestration.
The Quality team:
The Quality team is the voice and control of Infrastructure Engineering. A core aspect of our work is to improve the incoming stream of requests in the form of tickets and alerts. Means we have to achieve this are ownerships of processes and monitoring solutions. Statistics and communication are also important to increase quality and reliability of the services provided by Infrastructure Engineering as a whole.
Your role within our Kingdom
Your role in the Quality team is to manage incoming requests. This includes among other things, creating environments, troubleshooting issues, coordinate and resolve incidents. In addition to this you will also work with the core duties of the Quality team:
* Act as stakeholder for services provided by Infrastructure Engineering, by formalizing requirements and request improvements.
* Create, improve and curate our processes for work and communication.
* Keeping a dialog with stakeholders, both inside and outside of Infrastructure Engineering.
* Maintain and improve monitoring and alerting solutions.
* Work with other teams to minimize manual work through automation of common or time consuming tasks
Skills to create thrills
* Comfortable working in a Linux computing environment
* Development skills in Python, and some knowledge of Java, Perl, SQL, or similar
* Experience automating and orchestrating distributed systems as well as creating internal tools such as backup management or metrics collection
* Interest or experience in
* Database technologies like MySQL, Cassandra, HDFS/Hadoop, etc
* Monitoring systems like OpenTSDB, InfluxDB, Graphite, etc
* Log management systems like Graylog, the ELK stack, etc
* Orchestration frameworks like Ansible, Salt, etc
* Familiarity with Linux performance tools
* Good communication skills
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can't expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. And that's it.
We're Seriously Playful
Officially, we're a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world. Unofficially, we're a serious business that's not afraid to have fun. Every day at King, we mix intuition with logic, art with science and magic with mathematics to create the games the world loves to play. Together with our parent company Activision Blizzard, our mission is to bring moments of magic to everyday life. If you think this is something you can help us achieve, let's talk.
Want to join our Kingdom? You'll find all you need to apply, plus more information on our culture, values and benefits, including relocation packages at jobs.king.com. All applications should be made in English.