An Elixir backend engineer at Wooga enjoys a lot of freedom in decision making and is entrusted with the responsibility that the systems run smoothly and reliably. We strive to be fast and independent learners who adapt quickly to changes in requirements. With broad technical knowledge from HTTP, to distributed and scalable systems, to server administration: we make sure our game teams can count on us to build and run the services they need.
Our Backend Engineering team is responsible for providing the tools and services we use to build, scale and operate all our games. We strive to improve the game development speed and remove the need for dedicated game backends.
As a member of our Backend Engineering team, you will be working on projects including but not limited to:
- You will be collaborating with our game teams; producers, product managers, designers, and other engineers to create the highest quality experience for our players
- You will be designing and delivering performant and scalable services and systems, that support our game teams with using our services and building new features
- You will spend a big chunk of your time writing code in Elixir, and some time reading and understanding our legacy Ruby code
- You will be writing, maintaining, running and operating HTTP APIs
- You will manage, extend and improve our infrastructure, making sure it is performant, reliable and runs smoothly
- You will be contributing to the collaborative and inclusive team based on respect and knowledge sharing
Check out our Github to see what we're working on!
We use software that we enjoy working with every day, including:
Erlang, Elixir, AWS, Docker, ECS, DynamoDB, Redis, PostgreSQL, Slack, Github, Ruby, Rails, Terraform, Kubernetes.
- Demonstrated expertise in Elixir and Erlang development
- Knowledge of orchestration technologies like kubernetes, Amazon ECS
- You are keen to stay up to date with modern technologies and tooling
- You are good at working with both operating systems and distributed systems
- Excellent English communication skills - no German required
- Shape the future! Challenge the status quo and team up with a diverse group of experts working on crafting the world's best games!
- Excite millions of players around the world every day through our games!
- We will connect you directly with the success of the company with the stock options programme.
- Work just minutes from the center of Europe's most vibrant city, Socialize in our hang-out spaces, and enjoy many fun events and parties! Enjoy our unique office space!
- A relocation support which matches your needs to make your and your loved ones' move to Berlin smooth! Did we mention that we also cooperate with Kindergartens?
- Make use of a significant education budget and extra days off for self-development. Join our meetups, talks, brown bag lunches, world cafe's, internal trainings, workshops and many others!
- Did you know that German is the third most commonly taught language worldwide? Learn it too! We offer German language classes for you and your significant other!
- Choose your own equipment and be set up for success! We got your back!
- As much coffee, drinks, cereals and fruits as you can handle!
- Cool Wooga swag! ;)
At Wooga we are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for everyone who works here or with us, regardless to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion (or lack thereof) and game preferences.