Level Designer - Call of Duty
We're looking for a talented Level Designer to join our exciting new project in Stockholm.
In collaboration with Activision Blizzard, we are adapting one of the most iconic game franchises of all-time: Call of Duty.
The aim is to create a Call of Duty experience on mobile, while also breaking new ground for mobile and redefining the genre. The approach and ambition is to be fresh, social, and highly accessible, while providing a very authentic game experience.
Your role within our Kingdom
As a level designer in the Call of Duty team it will be your job to create amazing levels that bring out the best of our core gameplay as well as supporting our core vision. We believe that levels are the stage upon which the game is played, and an integral part to the experience. The better the stage, the better the experience!
You will work both to create and refine our levels but also to find and fine-tune our level design language. It is your job to find the right metrics, pacing and balance that harmonises levels with core gameplay and then making sure this language is maintained across the board. Ultimately, you will ensure our game is fun to play!
More specifically, you will:
* Collaborate with other designers, artists and developers to create the best possible experience for our players
* Actively contribute to creative discussions surrounding feature reviews and new features
* Create , assess, re-balance and tune new and existing levels
* Analyze (real-time) feedback and metrics, and adjust level design accordingly
Skills to Create Thrills
You have hands-on experience working with shooters and know why typical FPS levels work and what makes them fun & interesting to play. Discussing level design best practices comes naturally to you and talking about the challenges of vertical gameplay and combat distances is not just work; it's in your blood!
You also love to make sure levels are great to traverse and you passionately hate snags and awkward prop placement like a couple of boxes next to a wall that wedges the player.
Working fast and agile is one of your hallmarks and you prefer to prove ideas & layouts through playtest and iteration rather than keeping your work under wraps for weeks on end.
Other skills include:
* Curiosity and drive: you are a natural self-starter, always looking for areas of improvement
* Experience of level design for first person shooters
* Experience in one of the major level editors (Preferably Unity)
* Solid understanding of game balancing and pacing
* Experience working within a game production team and/or knowledge of game production best practices
* Some understanding of the casual and midcore markets
* Passion for design, with the drive to remain up-to-date with Level and Game Design literature and best practices to continue driving the studio's Level Design expertise
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
We believe that great gaming experiences happen when they are developed by working in small, autonomous creative teams that control the whole process - from idea to amazing game. Our close connection with the player community gets us instant feedback and enables us to deliver truly magical moments. We value your free time and your need to refuel, relax and find inspiration - by playing games with your colleagues, being at home with your family or going to the gym or out for a run. That's how we stay creative.
Want to join our Kingdom?
People come from all over the world to work with us, and we want every single one of them to feel at home. To do so, we help you out as much as we can with our relocation package. This includes full visa sponsorship for you and any family member moving with you, covering your journey out here, the cost of shipping your gadgets or helping you with estate agents. See more about our relocation process at: https://jobs.king.com/benefits#relocation
Please apply in English and don't forget to share your portfolio with us.