Senior Technical Designer
Design Austin, Texas
Would you like to work on some of the greatest franchises in gaming history? How about more than one? Certain Affinity is an exclusive Austin studio comprised of a tightly-knit group of experienced industry veterans committed to a solid work/life balance. We’re best known for co-developing multiple AAA FPS products. In addition we are creating compelling new games of our own.
Certain Affinity is seeking a Senior Technical Designer with experience scripting gameplay and related systems for both single player and multiplayer games.
As a Senior Technical Designer, you will be part of a team creating and implementing fun and exciting gameplay for AAA action titles. You will have opportunities to script gameplay and related systems, including owning core gameplay systems, missions, and game modes.
- Work closely with the Lead Designer to implement gameplay systems to the high quality level and product goals of the game.
- Work with other designers, artists, and engineers to conceive and implement engaging gameplay systems (such as weapons, enemies, missions, etc.)
- Learn and maintain existing gameplay-related systems and events.
- Collaborate with the development team to facilitate idea generation and feature implementation.
- Assist in frequent play testing of levels and associated game modes and systems and gather and integrate feedback from internal and external Quality Assurance.
- Five or more years of experience as a Scripter or Technical Designer, including:
- Experience with scripting or programming languages (C++, LUA, Python, etc.)
- Experience with visual scripting languages (Blueprint, etc.)
- Ability to dissect and understand core gameplay and mechanics and then implement and improve them.
- Experience with game editor tools. (UnrealEd, CryEngine, etc.).
- Ability to manage hard deadlines while adjusting to changes in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience working with Unreal 4.
- Experience as a Senior Scripter or Senior Technical Designer for the full development cycle on a shipped AAA game.
- Player character or enemy AI design experience.
- Experience managing or mentoring junior Technical Designers or Scripters.
- Extensive experience playing shooters and action games such as Call of Duty, Halo, Warframe, or Battlefield.
- Degree from accredited four-year college or university in a related field.