Senior Character Artist- Hard Surface
Art Austin, Texas
Would you like to work on some of the greatest franchises in gaming history? How about more than one? Certain Affinity is an exclusive Austin studio comprised of a tightly-knit group of experienced industry veterans committed to a solid work/life balance. We’re best known for co-developing multiple AAA FPS products, but also work on a few projects of our own, and have very interesting new projects in the works.
We are seeking a talented Senior Character Artist- Hard Surface to join our team and help make great games. The job will require working closely with designers, engineers and artists to create convincing, visually stunning robotic game characters for an unannounced AAA title.
The position requires a strong sense of design mixed with video game art production methods. You also must be someone that can mentor artists and help continue to push art to the next level.
If you enjoy the challenge building a wide variety of stunning robots, weapons, and vehicles- APPLY NOW!
- Create high resolution photo realistic 3D of hard surface characters, weapons, and props.
- Ensure consistency and quality of own work.
- Create art that is focused on performance as well as quality.
- Receive feedback and modify work based on direction.
- Collaborate with concept artists and art direction to create high quality characters
- Work with the Art Director, the Lead Character Artist and the Character Team in technical/aesthetic problem-solving efforts.
- Work closely with other departments to ensure art supports a gameplay-first player experience.
- Support Art Director and Lead Character Artist in executing on visual direction.
- Create models, textures, and other benchmark assets that inspire others.
- 5+ years of experience making character art for games
- Shipped a AAA title as a character artist
- Portfolio showing off your work.
- Incredible communications and interpersonal skills.
- Expertise in hard surface modeling.
- Fine art background and a strong understanding of color structure and silhouette in respect of modeling
- Basic understanding of rigging and articulation.
- Proficiency with Photoshop, 3d Modeling programs such as Max, Maya, Fusion 360, Mol, ZBrush, Substance Designer, etc.
- Solid knowledge of current high end real-time character creation and the ability to take us into the future.
- High attention to detail and the ability to faithfully translate concepts and ideas
- Work with Art Director, Lead Character Artist and Character Team in technical/aesthetic problem-solving efforts
- Experience with creating PBR materials.
- Passion and ability to work as a positive, collaborative, enthusiastic, ambitious and contributing team member with a real desire work with the team to find solutions
- Experience in Unreal Editor 4.
- Shader Authoring Experience.
- Animation or Rigging Experience.
- FX Experience.
- Concept or Illustration Experience.
- Blueprint Experience in Unreal.