Award-winning company specialising in creating engaging entertainment and learning experiences for emerging platforms.
VR AR Games & Film
Cutting edge projects
Tight-knit team that spans the globe with close connections in the US
Technical Team Lead, Real Time & Film technologies
Seeking someone who is passionate about using Game Engines and real-time rendering technologies to redefine the process of filmmaking and preproduction, and empowering Directors and creative teams to fulfill their artistic vision.
As a Technical Team Lead, you’ll be a Product Owner & help grow and nurture a talented team in Melbourne, and work on an ecosystem of products for content creation, building new software offerings as well as maintaining existing ones. You’ll be trusted to spearhead development efforts as well as work closely with stakeholders and potential users to get new tech deployed and working in next-generation film studios and stages.
You'll be joining a diverse and inclusive team that promotes a positive work environment and bringing on the mindset of being driven, innovative and passionate about their work.
• Direct the translation of roadmap into engineering requirements with user led acceptance criteria and ensure deliverables are being met by acting as product owner at project milestone meetings.
• Support development teams by defining features and user stories that break down the requirements into end-to-end functionality.
• Partner with CTO & CPO to maintain a visible product roadmap and project schedule.
• Report directly to stakeholders in HQ in Los Angeles and R&D center in Germany
• Lead, grow and develop a team in Melbourne to define and achieve project goals with minimal supervision
• Help manage source control, quality assurance and continuous integration pipelines
• Conduct technical testing and perform quality assurance, including orchestrating user testing and demonstrations where appropriate
• Develop and implement application, platform or technology updates and help provide technical support for clients or partners where applicable
• Be prepared for international travel for short-term deployment with the team or to events/exhibitions.
• Excellent knowledge of software development and demonstrated technical aptitude.
• Proven leadership and project management ability, excellent business judgment, and the ability to develop trusted relationships.
• Excellent knowledge of Visual Effects, animation and/or pre-production process and applications.
• Ability to balance multiple priorities effectively within a fast-paced environment across multiple locations.
• Strong background in at least one of the leading Game Engines preferably Unreal Engine 4, ability to learn new techniques and constantly expand software knowledge.
• Proven leadership and project management ability, excellent business judgment, and the ability to develop trusted relationships
• Passionate about using games technology to solve real-world problems outside of the original domain
• Demonstrable proof of work is essential, preference given to experience with shipped work; completed experiences/technologies/games
• Comfortable knowledge of C++ is required.
• Strong computer science skills including knowledge of software architecture, patterns and design
• Demonstrably excellent technical collaboration and communication skills
• Enthusiasm, motivation and desire to create engaging experiences using emerging platforms (as opposed to using only existing/stable technologies) is a must
• Extensive familiarity with source control
• Ability to travel as needed.
Additional Preferred Skills
• Prior Virtual Preproduction or Preproduction experience
• Prior Plugin development experience in Unreal Engine 4 or Unity
• Previous development experience in novel user input devices/alternative user input devices
• Knowledge of additional programming languages
• Previous experience with using AI and Machine Learning
• Low level programming and interface knowledge (e.g. render programming, data structure and memory optimization)
• Prior VR/AR/MR development experience
• Some familiarity with Gitflow principles
• Performance and optimization experience
Applicants for this role must be an Australian or New Zealand citizens/permanent residents or have Australian work rights
For more details please contact me anytime
Conkerberry Recruitment for Games
+61 (0)427 690 971