Tools Developer - Defold
Defold is a cross platform game engine that is used by game teams both outside and within King. The Defold team is currently made up of 15 individuals highly dedicated to creating awesome solutions and having a great time while doing so.
We're looking for a fourth Tools Developer with a passion for games, development, quality and new technology. Our editor is written in a functional language (Clojure) to simplify challenging features, as well as providing us with a more robust code base with fewer state bugs.
Your role within our Kingdom
If you want to create high quality and enabling developer tools, this is the job for you. You will be part of a highly competent team in building a tool set that maximises game developers' efforts in creating games. We use a novel, state of the art, architecture to create desktop applications. In short, it is the combination of a computational graph, functional programming and real-time performance criteria. This system allows for generic problems being solved at the architectural level. We want to solve every common problem once and for all, so they don't have to be repeated in code across the application. This turns out to be extremely challenging, but also immensely rewarding.
We know that the continued success of Defold and King depends on preserving the constructive culture we have, so 'fit' is extremely important. We work in small collaborative teams where everyone is involved in coming up with great features, from design and analysis to implementation. We are problem solvers, constantly reviewing how and why we do things and learning from each other. We are experimental, trying out new tech and ideas and willing to take risks to drive the entire industry forward. We are sociable and fun, and we like to hang out together. We are passionate, some might even say quirky. We love tech and games, and are obsessed with creating the best user experience.
Skills to create thrills
* Experience in at least one of the following:
* Tools programming
* Functional programming
* A team player that likes to discuss solutions and ideas
* Very focused on usability, maintainability and quality, building for the long term
* A comfortable person, able to make non-technical users feel at ease
* Able to understand user experience and craft UIs to make the users' lives easier
* Able to see the actual problems in programming desktop applications
* Experience with version control systems (git, mercurial, ...)
* Experience with developing for Windows and Mac
* A curious and fast learner who keeps up to date with changing technologies
* Have a positive attitude to change
* Experience in both tools, functional and real-time programming
* Experience in developing games
* Maintained an application in production for an extended period of time
* Provided support to a community of users
Learn more about Defold at www.defold.com
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can't expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. And that's it.
We're Seriously Playful
Officially, we're a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world. Unofficially, we're a serious business that's not afraid to have fun. Every day at King, we mix intuition with logic, art with science and magic with mathematics to create the games the world loves to play. Together with our parent company Activision Blizzard, our mission is to bring moments of magic to everyday life. If you think this is something you can help us achieve, let's talk.
Want to join our Kingdom? You'll find all you need to apply, plus more information on our culture, values and benefits, including relocation packages at jobs.king.com. All applications should be made in English.