Wargaming Sydney is seeking a Junior Project Manager to join our team for a 3 month paid internship program commencing from 1st August 2018 until 20th November 2018.
You will work alongside a talented team in a supportive and fun environment. This is a great opportunity for a Junior Project Manager who is interested in gaining exposure in the games development industry.
What you'll be doing
You will be working with a world class team of software engineers; your role will be to assist in the delivery of projects to our international partner studio's exacting requirements.
This involves clairvoyant production planning, constant measuring of project's progress and health, and course correcting to keep the project on target for successful execution.
Along the way you will be presenting upstream on the project's status and, thanks to your growing PM senses, be able to spot (and, more importantly, avoid) risks in less than twelve parsecs .
What you will bring
- You're a highly motivated individual that brings passion and energy into all aspects of your life.
- You possess the ability to focus on dynamic priorities, working to strict deadlines and exacting standards, and thriving in high pressured environments.
- You are familiar with Agile methodologies (Scrum), and you strive for continual improvement in all that you do.
- An excellent communicator, you're able to assimilate complex technical scenarios, and to provide succinct clarity.
- Organised, highly analytical, exceptional attention to detail and adaptable; you're a metaphorical Octopus, able to juggle multiple priorities.
- You're more than a 'people person'; from day one you are a part of the team!
- A strong technical background is essential for this role; although you're not going to be cutting code as part of your role at Wargaming Sydney, the projects we help to manage are highly technical in nature, so you'll need to be able to hold your own in a casual water cooler debate about the merits of P4 over SVN.
If you are passionate about the games industry and have a strong desire to work in a creative, challenging and driven environment, then please apply using the link on this page.
Applications need to be received by 29th May 2018. Interviews for successful candidates will commence from the 18th of June 2018.
Please include your Academic Transcript with your application. Only successful applicants will be contacted.
Wargaming Sydney is the Australian branch of Wargaming.net . The Sydney office works on the cutting edge online game engine used by Wargaming studios around the world to power games such as World of Tanks, which has over 100 million players.
We think these are some of the really good things about where we work:
- We are conveniently located near Central station.
- We have a casual dress code and flexible working hours.
- We work on challenging projects.
- We have a games room with multiple game consoles, table tennis, and guitars.
- Our kitchen is stocked with good coffee machines, more tea than you can handle, and a constant supply of fresh fruit.
- We pride ourselves on a positive and friendly team environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all races, religions and genders. We have zero tolerance for workplace bullying, discrimination, and harassment.
Take a look at our website - www.wargaming.com
Please only apply for this role if you are authorised to work in Australia and hold the correct Visa. Only successful applicants will be contacted.