Sports Interactive (SI) is the world's leading developer of football management simulations through its Football Manager series of games. Founded in 1994 and now based in East London's booming technology hub at Here East in Stratford, SI, as a continually successful and profitable company, is now looking to expand its full-time staff as it pushes out across both existing and emerging gaming platforms.
SI's games have enjoyed an unparalleled history of commercial and critical success, with 12 of its creations among the UK's Top 20 fastest-selling PC games of all time and five in the UK's top 20 best-selling PC games of all time. Sports Interactive became a wholly owned subsidiary of SEGA in 2006.The studio is a vibrant environment, full of talented and dedicated people with drive, passion and creativity, who enjoy working within a close-knit team as part of a lively, self-motivated and forward thinking company.
Sports Interactive looks after its staff's well-being with free gym membership, in-house massage therapy, a leading benefits package and a flexible working schedule that make the studio a relaxed and friendly place to work (there are five staff lunchtime football teams and a wide range of regular social events). We are also very proud of having one of the lowest turnovers of staff in the industry. Further information on Sports Interactive and its games is available on the SI website, www.sigames.com .
We are looking for an outstanding UI/UX Software Engineer to work principally on Football Manager Mobile and help us take it to the next level. Your focus will be on using our internal tools and UI libraries to help us improve and modernise the FM Mobile user interface. You will be heavily involved in the UI and UX design process, working closely with artists to ensure that we deliver the best mobile experience possible for our passionate user base.
- Design and develop new UI functionality, principally for mobile
- Improve and maintain various areas of our user interfaces
- Contribute to the improvement of our internal UI libraries
- Analyse, debug and fix issues
- Work closely with artists and developers to help our games be the best they can
- Contribute to the overall design of our games
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Minimum three years of professional experience using C++ as the main language
- Strong programming skills in C++
- Ability to write clean, maintainable and portable code
- Strong understanding of XML and ability to write, maintain and manage XML schemas
- Solid understanding of UI/UX design principles
- Experience of and interest in mobile interfaces
- Passionate about user experience and usability
- Good debugging and problem solving skills
- Self-motivated and able to work closely with programmers, artists and designers.
- Interest and experience in cross-platform development
- Comfortable using PC, Mac and/or Linux platforms
- Interest in football, gaming, and game design is beneficial