Do you want to be part of a worldwide mobile games leader? We are an international team of more than 330 talented SocialPointers , based in sunny and cosmopolitan Barcelona . We create amazing games, positioned in the top rankings of both iOS and Android, that are played and loved by over 50 million fans all over the world.
Our art team makes 2D and 3D games come to life by creating characters, environments, assets, etc. from scratch. Be surrounded by experts in this area and contribute with your talent to design more awesome creativities.
Join us and help us make 2018 the breakout year in mobile social gaming.
What will you do in Social Point?
As member of the technical team, your job will involve creating all kinds of special effects for our games, taking them to the highest quality tier in mobile games. You will work closely with the technical team during game development and contribute to the company's R&D. At same time, you will work in synchronicity with the art leads to ensure all special effects in each project are top-notch and spectacular.
In addition, you job will consist of:
- Working in collaboration with other members of the VFX Department and Technical art, managing both artistic and technical production for the VFX.
- Optimizing and reinforcing the VFX pipeline to enable the team to work seamlessly across different projects.
- Creating and updating the tasks roadmap regarding priorities and deliverables, ensuring a smooth workflow, anticipating bottlenecks and finding solutions
- Collaborating with artists, designers and other team members from several projects in all aspects of VFX , aligning the process with everyone involved
- Researching and suggesting technical improvements and effects optimization
- Developing shaders and scripts matching the needs of the required assets
- Maintaining the project's consistency of style by working hand in hand with the lead artist and the art director
This is you
- High proficiency in real-time special effects creation inside Unity (using shuriken or any equivalent tools)
- Proven experience in the game development industry as a VFX artist in a senior position
- In-depth knowledge of 3D modeling and 2D illustration software (3DS Max, Maya and Photoshop or similar)
- GLSL, CG or HLSL expertise
- C# scripting know-how
- Experience working with mobile environment and optimization processes
- Creativity and passion about games
- Positive and proactive attitude
- Good communication and organizational skills
- English proficiency
You also have
- Some insights in rendered particles (e.g., FumeFX or Realflow)
- After Effects, Houdini or Spine 2D knowledge will be valued
As a SocialPointer you will enjoy...
You will count on all the resources you need for your work: the newest and most powerful devices & equipment and even a Spotify Premium account.
People development is key for us: Here you will have professional growth opportunities you have always dreamed of, supported by a performance review process, internal mobility and amazing training budgets.
We also care about our SocialPointers health, so we offer them a healthy Monday breakfast and a delicious daily lunch menu. Want to stay in shape? We have a brand new gym and football and basketball teams. Our physiotherapist can always help with your muscular problems!
Get to know your colleagues better in our monthly events! You can pay a visit our hairdresser to get ready ;)
If you are new in the city, you can join our Newbies Club! We offer weekend activities once a month, Spanish lessons and help with all your boring paperwork ;)
The list of advantages goes on and on. Join us to find out!
Do you want to level up? Press start.