TT Games Brighton are looking for a talented 3D Character Artist to join the team at our Brighton studio. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work within our highly talented and creative team on an exciting AAA mobile game.
- In depth level of experience using Maya, to include modelling, texturing, lighting and rendering.
- Experienced at Retopology and efficient UV layout.
- Easy going attitude - being flexible with new ideas and most importantly open to direction and iteration.
- Ability to communicate and work with artists, coders & designers in a dynamic team environment.
- Willing to help others and ask for help where needed.
- Prepared to learn new tools during production.
- Proactive in sharing information and assets.
- A keen gamer and an appreciation of the visuals and user experience on all platforms from mobile to consoles.
- Ideally you'll have good demonstrable commercial experience.
- Understanding of rigging, articulation and how topology can affect deformation.
- Optimisation of characters and creatures to support each game platform.
- Strong working knowledge and proficiency in Autodesk Maya, ZBrush and Substance Designer / Painter.
- We make AAA quality games that have to be intuitive and slick. You would need to be hungry to make them even better!
- Strong skillset in traditional 2D sketching, drawing and painting is beneficial.
- Experience in Rigging Characters and Physics setups.
- Experience in MEL, Python.
- Knowledge of Unity or Unreal.
About TT Odyssey
Founded in 2017 by some of the leading talent in the mobile games industry, TT Odyssey is the Brighton based, mobile-focused arm of Traveller's Tales, part of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and the makers of best-selling LEGO titles including "LEGO Star Wars" and "LEGO Dimensions". This is the first time that a LEGO video game has been designed from the ground-up as a free to play, mobile title. Quality and innovation is extremely important in this endeavour. We aim to be at the top of the charts and are looking for people to whom that goal is important. We are well funded, independent in spirit and working with the best Intellectual Properties in the world. Who wouldn't want to be a part of that!
Our culture and values place great emphasis upon open communication, autonomy and empowerment. We believe in encouraging people to be the best they can be and giving them the tools to achieve their goals. Our team is small, supportive and collaborative. We like everyone to be involved in the design process and value staff who can work independently. Our people are expected to organise their time and workload themselves so we can avoid excessive layers of management. This leads to a flat structure where everyone is respected and listened to.
TT offers successful candidates a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. Our work environment is inclusive, relaxed and friendly - one of the best things about working here is our fantastic people! We aim to support work-life balance, and some of the benefits we are most proud of include flexitime and other family-friendly benefits; discretionary bonus scheme; company pension scheme and life assurance. We also offer perks such as regular health and wellbeing activities, discounts on a wide range of company and partner products, free online training courses, complimentary fruit and a wide selection of drinks, social events and much more!
We expect high levels of ambition and innovation from our colleagues and an ability to flourish within the dynamic entertainment industry in which the company operates.