Game Engine Developer - Defold
We are now looking for a C++ Game Engine Developer with a passion for games, development, quality and new technology to join our Defold team.We are a team of 18 people consisting of a core engine team, tools team, and a public launch team.
Our cross platform game engine team creates a range of new high quality functionality in a maintainable, high-performance fashion. Example tasks that we have in our roadmap are animations importer and rendering optimisations and improving user workflows.
Your role within our Kingdom
Skills to create thrills
* Excellent and current programming skills in C++ and C
* Knowledgeable about programming and technology in general
* Worked on producing a game engine before, ideally cross platform
* Passionate about games
* Happy to work in an agile development environment
* Knows how to produce high quality, maintainable scalable code and systems
* Experience in working with memory / performance critical applications
* Works effectively in teams, both local and geographically distributed
* Able to work in a flexible and fluid environment where the job will evolve over time
* Software architecture design and review
* Excellent communicator in English
* Good understanding of graphics system development
* Experience of Android/iOS development
* Experience in working with content pipelines
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can't expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. And that's it.
We're Seriously Playful
Officially, we're a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world. Unofficially, we're a serious business that's not afraid to have fun. Every day at King, we mix intuition with logic, art with science and magic with mathematics to create the games the world loves to play. Together with our parent company Activision Blizzard, our mission is to bring moments of magic to everyday life. If you think this is something you can help us achieve, let's talk.
Want to join our Kingdom? You'll find all you need to apply, plus more information on our culture, values and benefits, including relocation packages at jobs.king.com. All applications should be made in English.