Finance Manager, Advertising (6 month contract)
Kingsters in Finance are a truly commercial bunch. We focus on using our unique view into the numbers to see trends and opportunities that are developing within King and devise innovative solutions to complex problems in forecasting, accounting, compliance, and project management.
If you're a Finance professional that dreams of ripping off that corporate attire and pulling on a pair of jeans, there's an opportunity for you here.
King (a part of Activision-Blizzard) is building a team to introduce innovative, impactful, and rewarding advertising experiences to our huge audience of highly-engaged players and to create powerful marketing solutions embraced by the world's biggest marketers.
The King finance team is seeking a highly motivated Finance Manager to join our team in supporting this growing advertising business within the King group. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the financial planning and analysis function for the advertising business, working closely with business partners from the rest of the Ads business and the wider King finance group. They will also work collaboratively with the rest of the Ads Finance team on the reporting and financial close processes.
Your role within our Kingdom
You are a self-starter who thrives in a fun and results-oriented work environment, is passionate about problem solving and enjoys building structure and process. Specially, within the Ads Finance team, you will lead and direct the ads business planning processes including, but not limited to, annual planning, quarterly forecast, and weekly revenue pacing. In addition, you will be responsible for managing elements of the close process, including the delivering the monthly leadership pack to the President of Advertising.
Your key responsibilities:
* Develop and maintain dashboards; weekly flash forecasts; monthly and quarterly forecasts and annual budgets for revenue for the business, including reporting on these to internal King Executive leadership and Activision Group Finance.
* Maintain and continue to improve driver-based revenue models that reflect a growth business.
* Lead and direct core planning processes including but not limited to annual planning and quarterly forecasting, and recommend areas of improvement
* Lead coordination and production of monthly leadership pack and other elements of the month-end close cycle.
* Communicate issues succinctly and in a timely manner. Proactively manages issues before they become problems.
* Establish credibility within the business by being a true business partner, fostering a culture of integrity and providing supportive challenge
* Interpret our financial and non-financial critical metrics and share information to enable the business to grow and succeed according to our core values and strategic outlook
* Provide routine and ad hoc reporting to the business in a form that accurately and clearly articulates the key points and provides analysis & insight
* Share information concisely in PowerPoint using visuals/graphics appropriate to the audience
Skills to create thrills
You should have experience within the advertising industry or digital network. Additionally, you will understand the full range of revenue drivers and marketing channels open to the advertising business.
* Strong commercial acumen, as well as demonstrable experience of understanding relationships between key financial and non-financial business drivers
* Strong business partnering experience, plus ability to deliver and handle change in a fast-paced tech company
* Experience in presenting commercial and financial metrics to non-finance teams and key stakeholders
* Confidence and gravitas in working with and challenging senior management
* Fluent influencing skills in both written and spoken English
* Proven track record in timely delivery of frequent and regular forecasts and budgets
* Comfortable working with big data sets and translating results into meaningful analysis and incorporating into forecasts
* Advanced excel skills, experience and initiative in building robust financial models
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can't expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. And that's it.
We're Seriously Playful
Officially, we're a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world. Unofficially, we're a serious business that's not afraid to have fun. Every day at King, we mix intuition with logic, art with science and magic with mathematics to create the games the world loves to play. Together with our parent company Activision Blizzard, our mission is to bring moments of magic to everyday life. If you think this is something you can help us achieve, let's talk.
Want to join our Kingdom? You'll find all you need to apply, plus more information on our culture, values and benefits, including relocation packages at jobs.king.com. All applications should be made in English.