Sports Interactive (SI) is the world's leading developer of football management simulations through its Football Manager series of games. Founded in 1994 and now based in East London's booming technology hub at Here East in Stratford, SI, as a continually successful and profitable company, is now looking to expand its full-time staff as it pushes out across both existing and emerging gaming platforms.
SI's games have enjoyed an unparalleled history of commercial and critical success, with 12 of its creations among the UK's Top 20 fastest-selling PC games of all time and five in the UK's top 20 best-selling PC games of all time. Sports Interactive became a wholly owned subsidiary of SEGA in 2006.The studio is a vibrant environment, full of talented and dedicated people with drive, passion and creativity, who enjoy working within a close-knit team as part of a lively, self-motivated and forward thinking company.
Sports Interactive looks after its staff's well-being with free gym membership, in-house massage therapy, a leading benefits package and a flexible working schedule that make the studio a relaxed and friendly place to work (there are five staff lunchtime football teams and a wide range of regular social events). We're also very proud of having one of the lowest turnovers of staff in the industry. Further information on Sports Interactive and its games is available on the SI website, www.sigames.com .
We are looking for a fourth member to join our busy IT team who provide first and second line of support for PC & Mac users in a busy IT network environment - 100 users working on a range of computer and mobile interactive entertainment/games. If you're interested in making your first step into an IT role and are keen to learn the ropes, then this might be perfect for you! The key to succeed in this role is having good communication skills, both verbal and written, strong attention to detail and excellent problem solving abilities. We have a fantastic office environment which welcomes all employees into a variety of social activities and events. This is a 6 month contract position initially.
- 1st and 2nd line IT support
- Assembly, installation and deployment of PCs and user hardware
- Software and hardware troubleshooting for diverse implementations
- Provide application and networking support for Windows/Mac PCs
- Installation and support for MS Office and other desktop applications
- Basic user administration for Windows Active Directory and Office 365
- Provide support for printers, scanners, projectors and other peripheral equipment
- Familiarity with PC motherboard hardware and component issues such as graphics cards.
- Opportunity to work with Senior members of the team, and increase skill set with guidance from an existing team of 3 people
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Flexible with working hours during busy periods
- Clear and concise communicator both written and verbally
- Flexibility to react quickly, reschedule and prioritise workload
- Inspire confidence and gain trust of the users
- Work effectively as a team member
- Work under pressure and complete tasks assigned in a timely manner
- Identify potential issues and resolve in a proactive manner
- Ability to plan and carry out work when regularly unsupervised
- Excellent ability in the use Word, Excel and Outlook
- Confident in assessing situations and taking decisions solely when unsupervised.
- Previous experience in a desktop support role
- You do not need to love football or computer games (but if you do, you'll have fun)
- We are equal opportunities employer and welcome diversity!