Senior Software Engineer Networking - Call of Duty
Stockholm, Sweden - Full relocation and VISA sponsorship
We are looking for an experienced Network Engineer to join our new Shooter project in Stockholm.
In collaboration with Activision Blizzard, we are adapting one of the most iconic game franchises of all-time: Call of Duty. The aim is to create a Call of Duty experience on mobile, while also breaking new ground for mobile and redefining the genre. The approach and ambition is to be fresh, social, and highly accessible, while providing a very authentic game experience. You will prototype extensively, have the freedom to think outside the box, and be encouraged to stretch your expertise in ways to create surprising results.
Your role within our Kingdom
If you are an experienced Developer who likes to work in an environment where things move quickly and performance is of great importance, then King is the place for you! As a Developer at King you will take a lead on creating and maintaining our mobile games.
You will among other things...
* Develop, design, modify, optimize and debug networking and related engine systems
* Develop systems for accurate analytic tracking of networking performance and quality of service
* Deploy, evaluate performance and test software on Mobile clients and server platforms
* Deliver high quality and well-structured code
* Collaborate with other internal King studios providing networking services and software
* Perform staff reviews with developers
* Share knowledge and help colleagues
Skills to create thrills
* Experience working with networking technology in the game industry
* Experience with client-server architectures within games
* Fluency with TCP/UDP protocol layers
* Extensive background with Internet performance issues like packet loss, latency and bandwidth
* Passion for game Development
* High sense of quality and polish
* Capable of taking a technical responsibility for a product or project
* Experience with database technologies and web protocols
* Professional experience from Android or iOS development
* Experience with using GitHub on large scale projects.
* Experience with Unity
* Experience in working with memory/performance critical applications
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can't expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. And that's it.
We're Seriously Playful
Officially, we're a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world. Unofficially, we're a serious business that's not afraid to have fun. Every day at King, we mix intuition with logic, art with science and magic with mathematics to create the games the world loves to play. Together with our parent company Activision Blizzard, our mission is to bring moments of magic to everyday life. If you think this is something you can help us achieve, let's talk.
Want to join our Kingdom? You'll find all you need to apply, plus more information on our culture, values and benefits, including relocation packages at jobs.king.com. All applications should be made in English.