Big Data Platform Support Engineer (6 Month Contact)
The Data Analytics organisation at King - split across Barcelona, London and Stockholm - is responsible for processing the billions of rows of data we receive each day and using it to drive all of King's data and analytics needs. The DA Core team within Data Analytics operates our core data platform and systems, and provides a core data model and reporting offering to other parts of Data Analytics and the rest of King.
You will help to support and scale King's core data platform, which is used to provide processed data to many areas of the business, including all our game studios worldwide, corporate functions like Finance and Marketing, and the King Leadership Team - working in close collaboration with your international colleagues in our ever-expanding, multi-location team.
Your role within our Kingdom
* Support, administer and maintain King's 400 node Hadoop cluster
* Monitor and administer our massive in-memory Exasol MPP database
* Provide a high-availability data platform service to the rest of King
* With your DA Core teammates, own and deliver against our operational SLA
* Develop tools and scripts to maintain the performance and robustness of our stack
* Monitor, execute and debug scheduled ETL jobs
* Work closely with our many users to help resolve any system issues
Skills to create thrills
* Good working knowledge of Hadoop Administration - including Hive, Spark and Impala
* Have worked with big/massive data
* Experience supporting production systems
* Excellent Linux skills, including Bash or Python scripting
* Knowledge of Linux system administration
* Knowledge of SQL and other RDBMS systems
* Experience with Kafka
* Big Data in the Cloud
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can't expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. And that's it.
We're Seriously Playful
Officially, we're a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world. Unofficially, we're a serious business that's not afraid to have fun. Every day at King, we mix intuition with logic, art with science and magic with mathematics to create the games the world loves to play. Together with our parent company Activision Blizzard, our mission is to bring moments of magic to everyday life. If you think this is something you can help us achieve, let's talk.
Want to join our Kingdom? You'll find all you need to apply, plus more information on our culture, values and benefits, including relocation packages at jobs.king.com. All applications should be made in English.