Wargaming Sydney is seeking a passionate Game Designer to join our world-class team and deliver fresh experiences for players. Our projects offer development challenges across a wide spectrum, presenting unique opportunities for developers from all backgrounds.
Being a Game Designer at Wargaming Sydney doesn't mean we just design games. We have to understand the experience we want to create for players, and then design the game features or changes required to bring this experience into reality. From prototyping new concepts to balancing gameplay, designing systems or crafting groundbreaking mechanics, your work will have the potential to inspire gamers and future designers for years to come. Comprehensive design sensibilities, problem-solving, agile execution, and considered communication are our tools of the trade as we strive to bring new experiences to our audience.
- A seasoned game designer; with around 2+ years of professional working experience tackling a variety of problems, design tools and game engines
- A strong communicator; your verbal and written communications are precise and unambiguous; your best work comes from collaboration and teamwork and you believe that excellence comes from dynamic communication throughout the design process
- A design virtuoso; you concisely articulate game concepts, analysing and ruminating mechanics with balance; you're fluent in many prevalent game systems and mechanics but have the critical thinking skills to know when it's time to try something more out of the box
- A gamer; you are passionate about games with a wide breadth of game knowledge that you've enjoyed, and you easily identify and explain a game's strengths and weaknesses
- Actively work as part of a team, collaborating with all disciplines to gather input to craft the best concepts and realise compelling gameplay experiences
- Champion the vision of an idea, bringing clarity to the teams as to what the goals are and why
- Craft design documentation for presentation to both internal and external stakeholders
- Thrive in an environment that values rapid prototyping and pitching, you will be generating ideas while recognising that great ideas can come from anyone, with a professional maturity to let go of the ideas that don't make it
- Bring hands on experience to the role and not shy away from getting stuck in, to craft prototypes and refine gameplay experiences, getting to the essence of why a mechanic is fun and memorable
- Embody an agile mindset, understanding the need for iterative design and being adept at breaking down high level design concepts into achievable goals based on core value
We think these are some of the really good things about where we work:
- We are conveniently located near Central station.
- We have a casual dress code and flexible working hours.
- We work on challenging and dynamic projects.
- We have a games room with the latest game consoles, table tennis, and guitars.
- Our kitchen is stocked with good coffee machines, more tea than you can handle, and a constant supply of fresh fruits.
- Every Tuesday we sit down and break bread together.
- We pride ourselves on a positive and friendly team environment.
At Wargaming Sydney we offer all our employees a comprehensive benefits package including discounted private health care, subsidised fitness/gym memberships, breakfast provided every day, and more...
We are a proud equal opportunity employer and welcome all races, religions, genders and orientations. We have zero tolerance for workplace bullying, discrimination, and harassment, in any form.
Wargaming Sydney is the Australian branch of Wargaming.net.
BigWorld Technology is the product of a creative, dynamic and innovative team working in an environment that is challenging, exciting and constantly evolving.
Please only apply for this role if you are authorised to work in Australia and hold the correct visa. Only successful applicants will be contacted.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE.