Position at SEGA European Head Office
SEGA/ATLUS SALES TEAM
BASED AT SEGA HQ IN BRENTFORD
REPORTING TO THE COMMERCIAL DIRECTOR - JIP
A BIT ABOUT ATLUS
Atlus U.S.A., Inc. has become known across the industry as a mark of high-quality, deeply immersive, uniquely Japanese video game experiences. With award-winning titles that reach across a variety of genres and platforms, including the Shin Megami Tensei® and Persona® series of role-playing games, the ground-breaking action-adventure/puzzle game Catherine™, and the much-celebrated RPG Demon's Souls™, Atlus is committed to offering the highest standard in interactive entertainment experiences. www.atlus.com
Atlus forms part of SEGA® of America, Inc; the American arm of Tokyo, Japan-based SEGA Games Co., Ltd., a worldwide leader in interactive entertainment both inside and outside the home. The company develops, publishes and distributes interactive entertainment software products for a variety of hardware platforms including PC, wireless devices, and those manufactured by Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. SEGA of America's website is located at www.sega.com
This role is based at SEGA's European Head Quarters, based in West London, which is home to our publishing function. We support the needs of the development studios and make the creative vision become a reality. Here we host a range of diverse, highly talented individuals from Sales, Marketing, PR to IT, QA and beyond.
WORKING THE SEGA WAY
We believe that making the best games relies on having the best people, so we like to look after ours. We enjoy a jam-packed social calendar, super cool offices and top-notch events that everyone gets involved with.
Fitness buff? Get involved in our weekly boxing classes, or maybe even stretch the limbs with a game of ping pong. Foodie? Why not take advantage of Icecream Wednesdays or our fresh fruit every day? Need to find your zen? We've got you covered with weekly yoga classes as well as in-house massage therapy (who doesn't love that?). But that's only the beginning - we have a gaming area complete with retro arcade games and consoles as well as all the latest stuff, a video games library and flexible working hours to ensure everyone gets to have a life outside of the office! We also hold regular lunch & learn sessions, product launch parties, company updates at the world-famous BAFTA theatre in Central London and Summer and Christmas parties that you'll want to brag to your mates about! What's not to love?
Here at SEGA, we have a benefits package to rival the rest. This includes life assurance, income protection, private healthcare & dental insurance schemes and an extremely competitive contributory pension scheme.
As well as the best benefits, we offer competitive salaries and a fantastic bonus scheme so that the team can stay motivated and focussed on making SEGA the best it can be.
We like to look after our people too with discounted gym membership, childcare vouchers, travel season ticket loans, a Ride to Work scheme and a flexible working environment which make us a great place to work.
And that's just the tip of the iceberg. Check out our
to find out why we are a workplace you'll never want to leave!
We're on the hunt for a commercially minded EMEA Account Manager to join the SEGA/ATLUS team based at SEGA's HQ in West London. You'll be an integral member of the team, who's focus will be driving the business performance of our titles across several territories as well as providing day to day support to the Commercial Director.
We're looking for someone with a natural flare for business… you'll be responsible for the relationship with our international distribution partners in the respective territories and will work close with them to ensure we deliver against our business objectives. You'll be expected to keep your finger on the pulse and share what's happening with the rest of the team to ensure we capitalise on all opportunities.
This role is perfect for someone looking for their next step within the games industry; and someone who's excited by the idea of working with a variety of stakeholders each day, loves planning and negotiating, and working in a small, tight-knit team environment.
- To achieve targets for allocated territory base in line with SEGA/ATLUS budgets.
- To manage and develop sales of new releases and catalogue titles via a network of distributors across specific designated territories.
- Create, present and implement yearly business plans across allocated distributors - undertake customer terms and negotiations with the emphasis being on margin.
- To work closely with the EMEA and North American Marketing and PR team to drive SEGA/ATLUS market share, increase awareness of brands and ultimately sell through more units at retail.
- To work closely with global digital team to maximise synergies at retail.
- Continually report and feedback conditions of market place and competitor developments by territory.
- Identify new opportunities to drive growth - analysing potential new business models for distribution and digital.
- Establish strong and effective relationships with internal and external stake holders within the business.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree educated and strong academic record.
- 5 years minimum experience within the entertainment business - ideally within commercial department.
- Strong leadership qualities combined with the ability to win confidence and influence positive results across all levels of the company.
- Team player and effective communicator with very strong negotiation skills.
- Good presentation skills and planning capabilities.
- Work well under time constraints while maintaining an attention to detail in order to meet deadlines.
- Comfortable in handling multiple concurrent tasks.
- Positive and creative approach to problem solving.
- Willing to travel within EMEA markets.
- Interest in Japanese IP a real bonus.
This job description is an accurate reflection of the duties and responsibilities of the post as at the time of writing but will be changed from time to time as the job is a career development job which will be adjusted according to the progress of the job holder. It does not form part of the contract of employment.