Position at SEGA European Head Office
SEGA/ATLUS SALES TEAM
BASED AT SEGA HQ IN BRENTFORD
REPORTING TO THE COMMERCIAL DIRECTOR - JIP
A BIT ABOUT ATLUS
Atlus U.S.A., Inc. has become known across the industry as a mark of high-quality, deeply immersive, uniquely Japanese video game experiences. With award-winning titles that reach across a variety of genres and platforms, including the Shin Megami Tensei® and Persona® series of role-playing games, the ground-breaking action-adventure/puzzle game Catherine™, and the much-celebrated RPG Demon's Souls™, Atlus is committed to offering the highest standard in interactive entertainment experiences. www.atlus.com
Atlus forms part of SEGA® of America, Inc; the American arm of Tokyo, Japan-based SEGA Games Co., Ltd., a worldwide leader in interactive entertainment both inside and outside the home. The company develops, publishes and distributes interactive entertainment software products for a variety of hardware platforms including PC, wireless devices, and those manufactured by Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. SEGA of America's website is located at www.sega.com
This role is based at SEGA's European Head Quarters, based in West London, which is home to our publishing function. We support the needs of the development studios and make the creative vision become a reality. Here we host a range of diverse, highly talented individuals from Sales, Marketing, PR to IT, QA and beyond.
WORKING THE SEGA WAY
We believe that making the best games relies on having the best people, so we like to look after ours. We enjoy a jam-packed social calendar, super cool offices and top-notch events that everyone gets involved with.
Fitness buff? Get involved in our weekly boxing classes, or maybe even stretch the limbs with a game of ping pong. Foodie? Why not take advantage of Icecream Wednesdays or our fresh fruit every day? Need to find your zen? We've got you covered with weekly yoga classes as well as in-house massage therapy (who doesn't love that?). But that's only the beginning - we have a gaming area complete with retro arcade games and consoles as well as all the latest stuff, a video games library and flexible working hours to ensure everyone gets to have a life outside of the office! We also hold regular lunch & learn sessions, product launch parties, company updates at the world-famous BAFTA theatre in Central London and Summer and Christmas parties that you'll want to brag to your mates about! What's not to love?
Here at SEGA, we have a benefits package to rival the rest. This includes life assurance, income protection, private healthcare & dental insurance schemes and an extremely competitive contributory pension scheme.
As well as the best benefits, we offer competitive salaries and a fantastic bonus scheme so that the team can stay motivated and focussed on making SEGA the best it can be.
We like to look after our people too with discounted gym membership, childcare vouchers, travel season ticket loans, a Ride to Work scheme and a flexible working environment which make us a great place to work.
And that's just the tip of the iceberg. Check out our
to find out why we are a workplace you'll never want to leave!
Working within the SEGA/ATLUS European Business Team, the role is expected to work with the current Product Marketing Manager to take ownership for all SEGA and ATLUS products and communication within the SEGA Europe structure.
The role will involve working closely with the SEGA/ATLUS US team to represent and promote the franchises and products with our distribution partners across EMEA. It will also be their responsibility to plan, deliver and execute clear marketing plans for all products under their jurisdiction.
The role will work within the UK office as a member of the SEGA/ATLUS EMEA team and interface with other SEGA internal departments where appropriate.
- Planning and execution of EMEA ATL marketing campaigns for assigned products in conjunction with the respective SEGA/ATLUS US teams.
- Be ambassador for SEGA/ATLUS products across EMEA and be the point of contact for SEGA/ATLUS US on assigned titles.
- Manage product budgets effectively, ensuring all spend is signed off, agreed and within budget, while maximising delivery and impact on all titles.
- Assist with local-territory-specific production requirements.
- Work closely with the SEGA/ATLUS US team on creative production and delivery.
- Cultivate working relationship with SEGA EMEA Marketing team to ensure executional strategies, agencies, media buys etc are optimised.
- Work closely with external media and marketing agencies to design EMEA campaigns.
- Develop working knowledge of EMEA market places, retail landscape, consumer profile, marketing activity and pricing economics
- Ensure expert knowledge across key franchise titles and associated genres (including BP forecasting, key selling features, milestone delivery dates, demo ability, market and genre status and history, and any territory specifics and competitor titles)
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with all inter-company SEGA teams to ensure fully aligned execution of marketing strategies.
- Assist the sales team to manage forecasts, sell in, sell out and inventory for each SKU.
- Work closely with the SEGA/ATLUS EMEA PR team to ensure the PR and Marketing plans are aligned.
- Post launch sales review and re-promotion strategies to ensure products reach or exceed targets - manage lifecycle of products during planning process.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Marketing or business degree or direct Product Marketing experience in a global organisation, ideally within the games industry.
- Must be detail oriented, possess good time management skills and be able to prioritize in a changing environment.
- Demonstrable record of delivering marketing elements to a high level, on time and on budget.
- Excellent project management and communication skills.
- Possess a good understanding of the SEGA and ATLUS range of video game titles. Interest in JIP a real bonus.
- Strong appreciation of publishing and broad, in-depth and up-to-date product knowledge of the mainstream games industry is preferable.
- Excellent presentation skills, to all sizes of audience.
- Able to build and maintain strong professional and informal relationships within organisations and externally with members of the public.
- Knowledge and understanding of current media trends, both within the specialist gaming and the wider environment.
- Pro-activeness to think ahead and identify tasks that need to be carried out and the motivation to complete these on own initiative.
- Flexibility to react quickly, reschedule and prioritise workload.
This job description is an accurate reflection of the duties and responsibilities of the post as at the time of writing but will be changed from time to time as the job is a career development job which will be adjusted according to the progress of the job holder. It does not form part of the contract of employment.