Senior Game Engineer
Copenhagen, Capital Region of Denmark, Denmark ·
We're SYBO, makers of the most downloaded mobile game in the world, Subway Surfers, with over 1.5 billion installs - that's a big chunk of the world's population!
Loveable characters, vibrant environments and finely-tuned gameplay that makes you want to give it just one more go - that's what we're about! We live to bring these imaginative worlds to life, by crafting games and experiences that people love to play and engage with and to do so, we need you! Yes. You!
We're looking for a Senior Game Engineer to join our family, to be part of a live title that is played on a daily basis by tens of millions of users, or plunge straight into one of our new, exciting projects that we're spinning up!
As we work in small teams, we're looking for creative generalists, who are passionate about making games, coming up with ideas and taking on any of the various tasks that are involved in game development, from gameplay to meta-game systems to SDK integrations and everything in-between.
Sound interesting? Take a look at the role, and give us a shout if you think you're the one!
As a Senior Game Engineer, you will:
- work directly with the Technical Owner on the game team.
- design and develop new features and systems for updates on live titles
- be involved in day-to-day discussions about system design and architecture
- review and mentor the other, more junior engineers on the team
- help improve Unity3D workflows, pipelines, and best practices
- prototype new game ideas with a game designer, when on the prototype team
- take existing prototypes through pre-production to production, launch and beyond.
Who we are looking for:
- Minimum 5 years experience shipping titles on mobile platforms
- Intermediate to advanced Unity3D experience
- Strong knowledge of OOP languages, primarily C#
- Familiarity with widely-used design patterns, algorithms and software engineering principles
- Demonstrable 3D Gameplay programming knowledge, including vector mathematics, AI, animation, camera control, input mechanisms, etc.,
- Team player, that can communicate well with the rest of the team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related area
- Experience leading game teams on shipped titles
- Native development experience on iOS and Android
- Graphics / Shader programming knowledge
- Online multiplayer experience
- F2P experience