We're kicking off a new project here at Splash Damage and so we're looking for a Lead Audio Designer to create a thrilling world for our players to get lost in!
As Lead Audio Designer you will help us develop the atmosphere, characters, emotional tone, and dialogue as directed by the Project Leads. You will work closely with designers, programmers and artists to create and maintain fun, playable experiences, creating audio to bring the world to life.
- Collaborate with Art and Design Directors to create technically sound, engaging and memorable environments
- Drive the audio quality
- Ensuring assets meet specifications provided by all relevant departments
- Able to accurately follow common goals putting the team first, whilst self-motivated and demonstrating initiative.
- Motivate & inspire the audio team ensuring they keep the style & mood consistent with our defined style
- Manage the audio team including holding regular 121s, setting objectives, looking after the team's welfare and providing mentoring
- Maintain quality level, efficiency and consistency across the audio team
Essential Skills & Experience
- Audio Lead or Senior Audio Designer, with 5+ years' experience in industry and at least 2 complete cycles of shipped AAA titles
- Able to direct the aesthetic of a project and communicate this effectively within the team as well as to external partners
- Define the audio quality bar on a project and help team members achieve it
- Develop and maintain production roadmaps for the audio team in coordination with other departments
- Strong experience in producing dialogue pipelines, tools and playback systems
- Able to coordinate and work with localization providers, script writers and narrative teams
- Expertise in Wwise, UE4 and proficiency with Reaper
- Expert with a multitude of microphones and recorders
- Confident in organising and directing large-scale field recordings
- Able to communicate with composers using music terminology and direct the composition of music
- Experience in tracklaying, mixing and mastering for trailers and cinematics
- Experience mixing in 5.1 and 7.1 surround for games and linear media
- Have experience performing and recording Foley, and working with Foley providers
- Facilitates learning, growth and provides mentoring for the audio team
- Experience developing audio for AAA First Person Shooters (FPS) and / or Third Person Action titles
- Keep up to date on industry standards and developments in sound production and mixing techniques in other fields such as film and music
- A basic understanding of basic programming concepts
- Experience with video editing tools such as Vegas and Premiere
Perks & Benefits
Alongside our brand-new headquarters, stocked up drinks fridge and a never-ending supply of coffee, all of our roles come complete with the following perks and benefits:
- Private dental insurance that significantly reduces cost of dentistry for you, your partner, and children
- Pension scheme where the company matches your contribution
- Complimentary gym membership
- Free eye tests + discounted glasses
- Quarterly revenue share after 1 year of service
- Brand new state of the art office
- Life drawing classes, and massage allowance
- Free fruit juices and soft drinks + Beer and pastries on a Friday
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Employee assistance program
- Referral fee
Find out more on our Perks & Benefits page.
Splash Damage offers a fun, friendly and relaxed working environment. Everyone here shares a passion for video games / shooting people in the face and that shows in daily office life. We also regularly get together for social events like pub quizzes, cinema nights, football, and company parties.
Find out more on our Culture page.