We're looking for an amiable, credible, well-organised person, with an entrepreneurial spirit and inventive mind, to represent Creative Assembly's key brand.
You'll play a pivotal role at the heart of the Total War Brand Team, based in Creative Assembly's vibrant and diverse development studio. You'll help define the global PR strategy for our games, representing and promoting Total War titles to specialist and lifestyle press worldwide.
You'll help ensure the smooth roll-out of Total War PR strategy, co-ordinating and executing PR plans and activities in conjunction with SEGA PR, our in-house Product Managers, our community team and our talented dev teams.
You'll forge ongoing and mutually beneficial relationships with key members of the specialist and lifestyle press, and demo our games at events and shows to an expert level, with the aim of securing great levels of press coverage across the Total War portfolio. You'll also take the brand to exciting new places; history, heritage, tabletop, re-enactment, board games, CCGs, museums, documentaries and factual TV are all target areas for media collaboration, and we'd like our PR Manager to dive in headfirst and build inroads in these areas.
As much as experience, we're looking for a candidate who's capable, adaptable and able to foster positive relationships everywhere they go. Someone who's equally at home making long-term plans and executing short-term activities. We're also looking for a grade-A communicator, someone who's able to craft unique and compelling press materials, and routinely communicate successes at all levels.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- An in-depth appreciation of the Total War series and PC Strategy Gaming is extremely desirable
- Thorough appreciation of publishing and development organisation processes and principals
- Experience of PR campaigns, demonstrating excellent project management and communication skills
- Excellent level of familiarity with the gaming press landscape and strong journalist connections amongst hardcore gaming press an advantage
- Knowledge of F2P business models and MOBA games an advantage
- Able to build and maintain strong professional and informal relationships within organisations and externally with members of the industry and public
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills, to all sizes of audience
- Willingness to travel internationally regularly
- Current knowledge of the mainstream games industry is essential, specifically PC and F2P Markets
- Knowledge of social media trends, methodology and channels in all current forms
We are Creative Assembly
Creative Assembly is one of the UK's leading games development studios, founded in 1987 and located in West Sussex, UK and in Sofia, Bulgaria.
We have gathered our team of world-class, diverse and multi-national talent, dedicated to crafting some of the most renowned gaming experiences and giving our loyal followers worlds in which to immerse themselves.
Our focus on quality has filled our awards cabinet over the years - from BAFTAs to Ivor Novellos. We owe this to our team - creatives from a breadth of backgrounds, who unite to share their ideas and expertise, to craft the highest quality gameplay.