Established in 2007 Sumo Video Games was set up to work alongside Sumo Digital a London Stock Exchange listed Game Developement studio. Together we have consistently delivered AAA titles from Next Gen to Mobile on all platforms for partners that include SEGA, Microsoft, Codemasters, Sony, EA, BBC, Konami, Disney, and many more.
Our most recent successes include Forza Horizon 2 (Xbox 360), LittleBigPlanet 3 (PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 3), Disney Infinity 3.0 Toy Box Speedway (multi-platform) , and our first self-published title Snake Pass (multi-platform) . We are also incredibly proud to be working on the highly anticipated Crackdown 3 (Xbox One) and Dead Island 2 ( Multi-platform) plus several other exciting but currently unannounced projects.
Sumo Video Games is a true extension of our UK studio and team members on both sites collaborate on a daily basis on all aspects of game development. Our Studio is unique in India, giving our staff the opportunity to work directly on every available gaming platform from Next Gen to Mobile, at every stage of game development.
2018 is going to be a very exciting year for Sumo Video Games. We are looking to significantly grow by adding highly talented and dedicated individuals to our already skilled team. Our studio is a busy, we operate in a fast paced, ever changing development and live service environments. Anyone that joins us needs to enjoy and thrive in a work environment that requires one to be versatile.
While working for Sumo you'll be an integral member of the team shaping our games to satisfy both our hard-core and casual gamers. Being part of Sumo's development team is a rewarding experience, one that requires dedication, a strong sense of ownership over your work and an overwhelming enthusiasm for the games you work on.
Role and Purpose
We are on the hunt for Senior Game Programmers (C++), could it be you?
Are you an established and experienced Game Programmer? Do you thrive on the development of high profile AAA titles?
Now is the time to take the next step in your career and join Sumo Video Games, a thriving studio with an exciting future.
Job Location - Sumo Video Games, Pune
We are looking for experienced Senior C++ Game Programmers to join the Sumo Video Games team to contribute to the development of existing console and Windows based projects. This is an opportunity for a Senior Developer to hold an impactful role on the development and growth of our programming team in Pune.
- Understand and direct the work of the coding team.
- Mentor the code team and lead by example.
- Liaising with the team and production to achieve the highest possible quality product.
- Working with project managers and other development leads to define and complete programming tasks.
- Writing high quality source code.
- Ensuring the game is compliant with manufacturer's guidelines for the relevant platforms.
- Maintaining stability of development environment for the entire development team .
Skills Experience and Qualifications
- Proficiency in C/C++, with proven commercial experience
- At least 4 years' experience working in the console game industry, having worked on a minimum of 2 shipped games and 1 large scale games project
- Excellent debugging skills
- Practical experience with 3D math
- Experience with asset pipelines, dealing with large scale data sets
Demonstrated Ability To:
- Communicate effectively within a large group/multiple project environment
- Think critically, and apply analytical skills in resolving complex issues
- High personal standards as demonstrated in quality and pride of work
- Create complex systems from start to finish
- Quickly master tools and development processes
- To take direction and criticism
- Meet deadlines designated for team projects
- Professionalism and the ability to function well within a team
- Mentor less experienced programmers
What We Offer
- Relocation reimbursement from other cities is offered
- Performance linked bonus in addition to the fixed salary
- Opportunities to attend industry conferences
- A complete and all-encompassing medical insurance package for our employees and their children
- Exciting work environment with Game zones
- Work life Balance
What We offer:
Being part of Sumo's Development team is a rewarding experience, one that requires dedication, a strong sense of ownership over your work and an overwhelming enthusiasm for the games you work on. In return we'll offer
- Competitive salary & benefits,
- An excellent working environment
- most importantly we will give you the room to be yourself and live your passion.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to Sumo Digital.
In return we'll give you competitive salary & benefits, an excellent working environment and the opportunity to work on some of the world's most exciting and recognizable video games. The chance to work with some of the best professionals in the games industry at our world class studio in Pune and most importantly we will give you the room to be yourself and live your passion.
Please enclose your CV, portfolio link and covering letter in all applications. Applications with no portfolio link will be automatically rejected.
"Sumo is an equal opportunity employer Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans"