Established in 2007 Sumo Video Games was set up to work alongside Sumo Digital's Sheffield based UK studio. Together we have consistently delivered AAA titles from Next Gen to Mobile on all platforms for partners that include SEGA, Microsoft, Codemasters, Sony, EA, BBC, Konami, Disney, and many more.
Our most recent successes include Forza Horizon 2 (Xbox 360), LittleBigPlanet 3 (PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 3), Disney Infinity 3.0 Toy Box Speedway (multi-platform) , and our first self-published title Snake Pass (multi-platform) . We are also incredibly proud to be working on the highly anticipated Crackdown 3 (Xbox One), Dead Island 2 (multi-platform ) and Project Nova plus several other exciting but currently unannounced projects.
Sumo Video Games is a true extension of our UK studio and team members on both sites collaborate on a daily basis on all aspects of game development. Our Studio is unique in India, giving our staff the opportunity to work directly on every available gaming platform from Next Gen to Mobile, and at every stage of game development.
2018 is a very exciting year for Sumo Video Games and we are looking to significantly grow our fantastic and talented team. We're looking for highly talented and dedicated individuals who thrive in fast paced, ever changing development and live service environments. Working for Sumo you'll be an integral member of the team shaping our games to satisfy our hard-core and casual gamers.
Being part of Sumo's development team is a rewarding experience, one that requires dedication, a strong sense of ownership over your work and an overwhelming enthusiasm for the games you work on.
Highly creative, highly motivated, superb attention to detail and a keen eye for quality are requirements that all our roles demand.
Role and Purpose
Do you see yourself as a 3D Lead Artist?
What's your passion? Is it playing video games, working doodling/creating art work? -- if that's your answer, then we at SUMO are interested in YOU. At Sumo we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do there and we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
Job Location - Sumo Video Games, Pune
- Relocation reimbursement from other cities is offered
- Performance linked bonus in addition to the fixed salary
- Opportunities to attend industry conferences
- A complete and all-encompassing medical insurance package for our employees and their children
- To be a Lead Artist you should have at-least 7 years of Art Experience with a AAA video game titles and yes an impressive portfolio which exhibits your experience is a must.
- Needs to have experience and knowledge of latest Physically based rendering (PBR) techniques.
- Knowledge of Unreal Engine (UE4) or similar AAA game engine
- Max/Maya, Photoshop, Zbrush, Mudbox is must, and in-depth knowledge of Substance Painter and quixel suite will be an added advantage.
- An ideal lead should have excellent microscopic artistic eye.
- Would be a plus to have traditional art skills
- Should have Excellent communication skills
- Should be excellent with time management
- Must have people and team management skills and should be a good leader who should lead by an example.
- Excellent problem solving with Confidence to question the status quo and provide alternative solutions.
- Should have passion and potential to develop themselves, his/her team and ensure everyone grows with the organisation .
- If applying for particular Environment/ Vehicles, then need to meet the following skill requirement too.
- Excellent hard surface modelling Skills.
- A good understanding of taking objects/environments from concepts to final game quality.
- A good portfolio (which is current) which has the Environment assets - show casing screenshots for the Model, Wireframe and texture pa ges.
Skills Experience and Qualifications
- Degree or Diploma in game art/animation which includes software's like Max, Maya, ZBrush, Photoshop, Mudbox.
- Bachelor in Fine Arts or any equivalent degree diploma would be an added advantage.
Skills and Requirements
- Should be proficient in 3D packages such as Max, Maya and Zbrush
- Excellent Photoshop skills and ability to create stylized hand painted textures.
- Thorough knowledge of PBR work flow and procedural software's such as Substance Painter and Quixel DDO
- Working experience of game engines such as Unreal and Unity
- A portfolio demonstrating breathtaking prop/environment modeling and texturing techniques, both high and low poly
- Should have at least 7 years of experience creating art for console games
- Have excellent communication skills to communicate internally in teams and externally to UK project teams.
What We Offer
What We offer:
Being part of Sumo's Art team is a rewarding experience, one that requires dedication, a strong sense of ownership over your work and an overwhelming enthusiasm for the games you work on. In return we'll offer
- Competitive salary & benefits,
- An excellent working environment
- most importantly we will give you the room to be yourself and live your passion.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to Sumo Digital.
"Sumo is an equal opportunity employer Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans"
Please enclose your CV, portfolio link and covering letter in all applications. Applications with no portfolio link will be automatically rejected.