d3t Ltd is an award-winning, premium software engineering company, based in Cheshire. Now part of the Keywords global network of game development services studios. As an external development partner, we specialise in offering quality work-for-hire services to the technology sector, adding value to our client's games and interactive experiences.
The goal of d3t is to design, develop and deliver technology for our clients. Whether your requirements are short- or long-term, and related to games, games technology or software, d3t can aid clients in reaching their goals through a consultative and collaborative approach. Our efficient group of professional developers are seen as an extension to our client's teams, and available just when they the need them most.
ABOUT THE ROLE
d3t currently comprises a team of over 50 full-time employees (26 programmers, 8 artists, 4 project managers, 5 QA, and 2 dedicated design resources), with a strategy and focus on growth over the coming years.
At any one time there may currently be up to 8 projects running concurrently in the studio of varying sizes and complexity. Project types include full-game development, co-development (working alongside client teams), platform ports and product remasters.
We are looking for an exceptional individual to join the d3t leadership team, reporting to the studio's general manager and taking full responsibility for the project management and delivery function within the d3t studio.
- Overall responsibility for the project management office at d3t, ensuring the portfolio of projects within the studio are delivered using a defined 'best-practice' project delivery approach.
- Work with the studio's Head of Product to ensure projects are delivered within the agreed scope, time, cost and quality.
- Lead by example by directly managing a subset of the project portfolio.
- Apply expert knowledge to define and establish clear and consistent processes to monitor, support and report on the portfolio of projects.
- Ensure all project risks, issues, dependencies are consistently documented and tracked.
- Prepare regular and concise project status reports to share with the studio leadership team.
- Line manage, mentor and grow a team of capable project managers.
- Build strong and trusting relationships with both clients and suppliers.
- Research project management best practices outside of the organisation and use the information to continuously improve internal processes.
Skills / Experience
- At least 10 years software project management experience, including both planning and tracking and delivery of projects.
- Demonstrable experience of managing multiple full-product development lifecycles.
- A proven track record of managing multiple projects concurrently within an organisation.
- Strong leadership, diplomatic and motivational skills.
- Outstanding organisational and problem-solving skills, ability to work creatively and analytically demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence.
- Proven team management experience.
- Excellent written, verbal, presentation skills - prepared to be an ambassador for d3t.
- Experience of influencing and gaining buy-in from stakeholders and project sponsors.
- Agile project management methodology experience, Scrum Master, Kanban or similar.
A Typical Day in Role
- Arrive at the office, greet colleagues and get setup with a fresh cup of coffee.
- Clear any backlog of email received overnight from US clients or suppliers.
- Prepare for next week's quarterly 1-2-1 with one of your project managers.
- Attend appropriate team stand-up meetings in the studio.
- Facilitate a sprint team retrospective and sprint planning session.
- Lead a conference call with a client to discuss the schedule impact of a recent change request the client has made, ensure the impact is communicated with clarity and an agreement is reached.
- Chair the project management team meeting - updates on all projects from projects managers, discuss potential improvements best practice project reporting with team.
- Catch up on business-as-usual email.
- Collate and prepare the studio projects report ahead of the Studio Management meeting later in the week.
JOIN d3t - A WORLD LEADING TECHNOLOGY PROVIDER - AND PLAY YOUR PART IN SUPPLYING OUR A-LIST CLIENTS WITH TECHNICAL SUPERIORITY AND COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE.
Please email your CV and salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org
PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY
dt3 (hereinafter, "the Company") is strongly committed to protecting your personal information. By sending your CV/Resume, you are agreeing to our terms and conditions and consent to your data being managed and retained in accordance with our data privacy and retention policy .
We will keep your personal details on file for 6 months and they will not be kept longer than is necessary for the purpose for which it is being retained. If you prefer that your personal details are not retained then please advise.
Are you eligible to work in the UK?
Are you able to work permanently on-site in Runcorn, England?