HRC Recruitment is currently working alongside a Game Studio based in Dundee who is looking to expand their team by hiring a Technical Lead.
The Technical Lead will set the standard for technical work within the company and take responsibility for developing the skill set of the programming team to suit artistic and game design goals. Possessing a robust knowledge of various game technologies, the successful candidate will also be responsible for selecting and promoting appropriate technologies for use within the company.
What your day to day will be:
• Determine what technology is best suited for each project; understand the engine, middleware and their constraints
• Manage the programming process and identify the programming tasks and time estimates
• Ensure that each game is being built with a productive methodology and solid coding practices, technical briefs, code reviews, keeping in mind long-term quality and future code sharing between projects
• Identify technical risks on projects and develop contingency plans to put into place with the team
• Maintain positive working relationships with technology teams within Junkfish to enhance the use of shared technologies
• Maintain regular internal communications and encourage a pleasant team atmosphere
• Interface with design and art directors to identify trends in the gaming industry and adapt to quickly implement features which are key to improving and enhancing our games
• Facilitate communication both within and across disciplines
• Demonstrate good leadership, charisma, enthusiasm and sense of commitment
• Manage the performance of the programming team staff and manage direct reports
• Take responsibility for recruitment, onboarding, development and professional training of the programming team
• Propose solutions to improve the development of projects in the company
• Identify and promote the application of technical best practices within the company
• Facilitate and encourage the sharing of technical knowledge and code between projects
What we are looking for:
• At least 4 years of leadership experience, in the games industry
• At least 6 years programming experience
• A bachelor degree in Computer Science, Software Engineers, or equivalent
• Exceptional management and communication skills
• A good knowledge of programming languages and software engineering practices
• Experience with developing a PC game
• Experience of console development is an asset
• Minimum of 3 years working with Unity
• AWS knowledge
• Multiplayer experience
• Ideally held a technical developer role previously
To apply for this position please forward your CV using the ‘apply online’ link.
HRC Recruitment acts as both an employment business and an employment agency.