Localisation Editor (6 month contract) – Italian
This company needs little introduction…
With an empire that spans movies, video games, animated TV shows, board games and a wide-spread TCG, you’d be hard-pressed to find anyone who hasn’t interacted with Pokémon in some way, shape or form over the last 20 years.
The Pokémon Company are now looking for a Localisation Editor to work closely with other Editors, Translators and Project Coordinators on all editorial facets of video games, including in-game text, manuals and strategy guides. You’ll join the team on a yearlong contract in their London-based office, where your responsibilities will also include a number of side tasks where they should arise, including website translation. This will include a high level of knowledge regarding native slang, phraseologies, and the nuances of Italian.
You’ll reap the benefits of working from The Pokémon Company’s brand new modern London-based Chiswick Park office. With stunning scenery, plenty of greenery and a lake, the park is a welcomed departure from the hustle and bustle that you might associate with working in London. Not only this, but you’ll enjoy year round events put on for employees, and that’s not to mention all the Pokémon freebies!
Have you got the skills I’m looking for?
- Native level language skill of Italian and fluent English language skill.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience publishing under regular deadlines, and the demonstrated ability to edit, revise, or rewrite in their localisation language while handling multiple tasks in an organized manner.
- Must be detailed oriented with proven ability to multi-task various projects at the same time.
Icing on the cake
- Previous experience in the gaming industry is a strong plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline is required or equivalent years of work experience.
Interested? Hit apply now! Alternatively, let’s have a chat. Feel free to contact me at Daniel@aswift.com or on +44 1709 834777