Our world-class Total War team are seeking a Trainee UI Programmer for a unique development opportunity.
The successful candidate will receive mentoring to implement, improve and maintain the UI coding aspect during project development.
As a trainee UI programmer at Creative Assembly, you will be developing our in-house UI framework built with C++ and leveraging it to implement the UI for our Total War titles. As part of this role you will also be working closely with artists and designers.
As a Trainee UI Programmer on the project, you will be expected to provide programming support within the UI team. You will have good C++ skills to develop production code which is robust, neat and maintainable. Using industry standard tools for development and source control, you will optimize and fix bugs on existing UI implementations, as well as implementing and iterating on a new UI system, working closely with designers and artists. You will be passionate about playing and making games with a good knowledge of the games industry.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Fluent C++
- Excellent collaborative and interpersonal skills
- A good BSc or equivalent in a relevant subject such as maths, computer science or engineering
- Attention to detail and a passion for making quality products
- Experience with GUI development
The traineeship will be for one year onsite at our studio in Horsham, West Sussex.
These traineeships are paid placements and all applicants must have the Right to Work in the UK.
We are Creative Assembly
We gather the greatest talent out there, coming together to craft authentic and detailed experiences of the highest quality.
We focus on our strengths and embrace our uniqueness, collaborating across teams and giving everyone the trust and respect to be masters of their craft.
Our values form the foundation of our culture and ethos:
- Quality - Everything we do is about quality, from individual actions to final products, we take pride in the detail and authenticity of all our creations.
- Focus - We focus on our strengths as a studio. Our teams might work across different projects, but our goals and vision should be clear for everyone.
- Teamwork - We are a collective who thrive working across teams, empowering each other to succeed.
- Respect - Respect at CA is given as a default, we respect each other as diverse and unique individuals, who come together to create games our fans will love.
- Trust - Alongside respect, we trust each other, our teams and our leaders as experts of their craft. Everyone is given creative autonomy and freedom to make a real contribution to our projects and our legacy.
Our studio sites have disabled access. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.