Data Scientist - Publishing
King makes great games that offer fun, bite-size entertainment experiences for everyone to enjoy. We have a new opportunity for a brilliant Data Scientist to join the Publishing Business Performance team where you will be supporting a range of exciting new and live games published by King.
We're looking for a team player who gets excited about answering difficult business problems and isn't afraid to roll up their sleeves and get deep into the data. This is the perfect role for someone who wants to continue to grow their data analysis skills as well as the strategic thinking and communication skills required to drive meaningful impact through data.
You will be strong in quantitative analysis, statistics or mathematics, and have the ability to draw business insights that will add real value to King. You will need to demonstrate the ability to learn quickly and work in a fast paced and collaborative environment whilst communicating effectively with wide teams such as games teams, marketing and other corporate functions.
Your role within our Kingdom
Specifically, as a Publishing Data Scientist you will:
* Use your quantitative and data mining skills to monitor and report on the performance of our games
* Work with Business Performance managers to solve performance and data problems and identify new opportunities and trends
* Translate business needs to technical requirements and experiments
* Evaluate experiments and game releases as well as identify and evangelise new best practices across the organisation
* Proactively develop new analyses, models and data-driven tools to better understand our players behaviour and the performance of our games
* Be the pro-active owner of the entire data chain for your game(s)
Skills to create thrills
Skills we are looking for include:
* Experience dealing with large, real-world datasets
* Experience with data mining, clustering, segmentation
* Knowledge of statistical analyses
* Data-oriented programming skills in languages such as SQL, R, Python, etc.
* Able to use Excel for analytical purposes.
Other specific experiences that might be helpful, but are not required, include:
* Experience in the games industry or similarly sophisticated customer-facing digital businesses
* Experience in big data\" systems such as Hadoop, Hive, BigQuery
* Experience in behavioural psychology/economics
* Experience with more advanced statistical techniques suitable for analysis of highly skewed populations
* Experience in predictive analytics, modelling and related areas
* Experience in experimental design
* Experience with standard reporting tools such as Looker/Tableau/etc."
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can't expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. And that's it.
We're Seriously Playful
Officially, we're a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world. Unofficially, we're a serious business that's not afraid to have fun. Every day at King, we mix intuition with logic, art with science and magic with mathematics to create the games the world loves to play. Together with our parent company Activision Blizzard, our mission is to bring moments of magic to everyday life. If you think this is something you can help us achieve, let's talk.
Want to join our Kingdom? You'll find all you need to apply, plus more information on our culture, values and benefits, including relocation packages at jobs.king.com. All applications should be made in English.