Staramba SE is going beyond borders in the world of Virtual Reality. Our approach in revolutionizing social networking for celebrities and fans, is what we call STARAMBA.spaces. Our impressive, extensive database with thousands of digital avatars of celebrities, athletes and TV entertainment is the foundation for the next big thing in VR.
STARAMBA.spaces is a social VR platform poised to revolutionize the way stars and brands communicate with their fans.
STARAMBA.spaces opens up a whole new world of possibilities to enhance the exchange between fans and their celebrity of choice, whether it be in Sports, Music or in the retail industry.
Staramba SE goes beyond borders in the world of virtual reality. Our goal is to revolutionize VR experiences by giving users their own worlds to create and share with others.
We linked those worlds with a digital real estate market, complex economic cycles, and our extensive database containing thousands of digital avatars of celebrities, athletes and TV entertainment, in order to create the next step in Virtual Reality: STARAMBA.Spaces.
We are looking for an ambitious Head of Development VR to work on a new kind of virtual reality experience. The project is early stage and in stealth modus. You would be working closely with artists, level designers, riggers, further developers and QA with the overall goal of helping to realize the project's creative vision at the highest level. Qualified candidates need to be motivated and able to operate in a highly dynamic environment and excited about exploring this new medium.
- Lead and manage several teams of programmer
- Supporting them in building industry leading, robust and innovative software solutions that are fit for purpose
- Solving problems and inefficiencies by troubleshooting, designing and coding solutions alongside studio and development teams
- Responsible for the quality and technical approach taken by team members
- To develop a strategy for the team to meet the company's goals and objectives and to improve the quality of the service it delivers internally and externally. To plan and monitor the successful implementation of this strategy.
- Cooperate with artists, designers and other coders on how to best utilize the current technology.
- Perform research to acquire new knowledge necessary to perform tasks and continue the technological evolution of the game and our tools.
- Creating and maintaining a professional culture within the team, where individuals take ownership and are fastidious and proud of delivering excellence and quality.
- Represent the company and the product within the industry
- 8+ years of leading experience in the industry, at least 5 of which are in a leadership capacity
- B.S. in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or an applicable Engineering discipline from an accredited institution; or equivalent experience
- At least 2 AAA Titles shipped
- Being able to work within existing workflows and the ability to improve these workflows
- Experienced in latest technology regarding VR and common software (e.g. UE4, Maya, Facewear)
- Experience in a range of programming and scripting languages (e.g. C/C++, Python)
- Passionate about VR Development
- To stay aware of latest data protection and security threats and to make sure we mitigate against these risks against known industry standards
- Ability to solve problems quickly and completely
- Ability to multi-task and stay organised in a dynamic work environment
- Good working knowledge of major social media channels including Facebook and Twitter
- To plan for team growth considering the blend/level of skills required within team
- To review project progress and overview of the performance of all individuals in team
- To have a clear task list and plan for inducting new members into the team and bring them up-to-speed as quickly as possible
- To support the business development team with pre sale activities
- To provide training and workshops for clients and/or staff as required
- To speak/contribute to public industry events and forums as required
- Fluent in English
- EU citizenship or a valid working permit for Germany
What we offer
- An attractive remuneration with development prospects in an international company
- A self-dependent activity and challenge in a varied work environment
- Lots of space for participation and realization of own ideas
- A highly motivated team with a flat hierarchy and fast decisions
- Flexible working hours and free drinks
Ready for the next level? Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org saying why you would be the perfect fit, salary expectations and earliest start date.
Please send your CV, cover letter and portfolio if required to email@example.com